Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stark County late season GIANT!!!!!!!!

City deer and county deer are not the same creatures. No doubt in my mind that country deer travel long distances. No doubt that they use summer and winter ranges. Personally I've seen one go 6 miles. I've gotten the same deer on cam 2.5 miles apart on the same night.

However city deer who've spent their entire lives in a small area of town don't really go that far. Maybe a mile. But the vast majority of them will stick to whatever park, abandoned factory, random patch of woods they're comfortable in. City deer don't live to be old by playing frogger through 4 miles of dodging traffic on a regular basis. Sleepy suburban neighborhoods bordering universities with ample green space. Sure. But they don't roam a 16 square mile circle and change home ranges like county deer do.
You can't be talking g about southern deer traveling......we all know they don't do that lol.

reo

N.E. Ohio
hort trust me it's him, he grew that much. There are many fantastic deer around here and not just here surrounding counties too. I just don't want a bunch of nimrods infesting the area hunting. There are plenty of huge bucks around many suburbs of northeast ohio

The best way to have the area infested with nimrods is to get on the Internet and say that there are many fantastic deer in the area......

Reactions: giles

BobbieB123

im not following you reo. You saw the the pics of the buck killed. There are some that will key in on this area. Everyone knows there are nice deer in this area. I was just stating that there are opportunities in many many areas. Sorry for any tension I may have caused. Should have used a different word than nimrod I suppose. But there maybe a select few irrational people that will trespass in the area. A good analogy would be for me to play the exact winning numbers on tonight's lottery on tomorrow's drawing. Get my drift. Let's not be silly

Bonecolecter62

The best way to have the area infested with nimrods is to get on the Internet and say that there are many fantastic deer in the area......

If you check the post Bobbie said NE Ohio. That covers lots of counties from Lake Erie by PA border to Stark. Don't think people or nimrods are going to come out of the woodwork because of that. LoL

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If you check the post Bobbie said NE Ohio. That covers lots of counties from Lake Erie by PA border to Stark. Don't think people or nimrods are going to come out of the woodwork because of that. LoL
It ain't hard to figure out where it was killed, considering the hunters buddy gave it up on Facebook.

Bobbie is right about one thing. A lot of giants live in the shadows of downtown buildings in all of NE Ohio's major cities. I drive by a baseball stadium in Akron that has about 2 acres of woods beside of it. I've seen 17 deer at one time in the fields this winter. No giants, but a couple of very respectable bucks there.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Bobbie is right about one thing. A lot of giants live in the shadows of downtown buildings in all of NE Ohio's major cities. I drive by a baseball stadium in Akron that has about 2 acres of woods beside of it. I've seen 17 deer at one time in the fields this winter. No giants, but a couple of very respectable bucks there.
Yep, along with the woods right beside 77 by Akron Canton.

Bigcountry40

I have mentioned several times on this forum that I used to hunt a suburban acre or 2 of woods right outside of Kent in a City called Stow. I had permission from a homeowner that owned about .01% of the land lock woods I hunted, all the surrounding home owners were cool with me culling a few city does. I thank god now for not allowing a city monster to present itself for me to shoot. I would have probably been fined, sent to jail, and blasted in several major papers because I was a major college athlete. At age 20 you don't think of these things or realize the amount of consequences for killing a few suburban deer that people view as a pest.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have mentioned several times on this forum that I used to hunt a suburban acre or 2 of woods right outside of Kent in a City called Stow. I had permission from a homeowner that owned about .01% of the land lock woods I hunted, all the surrounding home owners were cool with me culling a few city does. I thank god now for not allowing a city monster to present itself for me to shoot. I would have probably been fined, sent to jail, and blasted in several major papers because I was a major college athlete. At age 20 you don't think of these things or realize the amount of consequences for killing a few suburban deer that people view as a pest.

.......or pets! Lol

Yes Jon, really makes you wonder what if!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm astonished this thread consists of 24 pages. Not astonished about the length, but of the content contained. 24 pages of hear-say... Wow.

Reactions: giles
Do u have a better word to describe it??

Personally I feel curiosity is a better description for most then jealousy. Seems like these questions arise when the whole story is not apparent. Speculation is typical human nature that derives from curiosity.

Agreed with Jackalope that its silly that people who shoot "world class" deer think others are jealous yeah a select few might be but to most people its just a dam deer. Get on Google Images you can see thousands of pictures of large racked deer, who cares because I sure don't.