Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stark County late season GIANT!!!!!!!!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well , base camp is a pain everywhere else . Why not stark ? Doubt this deer has anything to do with this landowners decision to enroll in base camp

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I don't think a landowner is wrong for leasing , but leasing brokers who profit off land they've never seen , and jack up prices , just rub me wrong

Bigcountry40

I don't think a landowner is wrong for leasing , but leasing brokers who profit off land they've never seen , and jack up prices , just rub me wrong

x100
I have seen 100 acres of pasture with a tree line for $1k, I feel bad for the poor sucker that buys it. This is a prime example of why democrats win elections and why there is so much red tape created in economic world, DIRTY POOL!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
And hicks, not in a park. A city limits area where deer are commonly watched.
Here's order of what I'm saying.
1.Deer shot. Story claims shot on x road 3-4 miles south of town.(my road)

2. Day before deer shot, hunter who killed deer had a friend who spotted and posted on fb that he saw this buck with the hunters brother in this city limit area.3-4 miles away from where it was said to be shot a day later.

3. Trail can pics came flying out of this deer just north of the main city limits area this deer has been seen at.

4. I posted to point out the obvious lie that this deer was not killed on my road. Or by it. Then added my opinion that there are fishy things about this deer. Never said he poached it. Just that the story does not make sense to the people who know this deer.

Statement #3 is what makes me think there is more to the story.

I find it highly unlikely that someone related to the shooter posted pics of this deer in the city 3 to 4 miles away from the kill spot and the shooter just happened to be hunting in the path he traveled and shot him at that distance the next day. Not that a deer can't travel that far in a day, but the odds of someone who knew where he was the day before being in a place to shoot him 3 to 4 miles away is a questionable to me.

Bonecolecter62

For anyone still questioning Bobbie123 believe me it's the same buck. What nobody seems to mention is the undeniable 3rd antler in the exact same spot the past couple years. Only one out of thousands of bucks does this ever occur!! By the way We called this Deer HOGAN for well over a year. I should know as I'm the man that found both sheds last March. He actually rubbed the big left side off on March 5th as can be seen in the pic. Found the other side next day 250 yds away. I had close to 50 pics last winter including one with just one antler March first. He was an Amazing animal. Only seen him alive in daytime 3 times with the last being mid December when he jumped up 40 yds from me.  I scored him last year at 172" with 20" spread. That didn't include the small third antler. I believe he was 5 1/2 when harvested. Might been close 300 had he survived. He gained over 50" new bone this past summer. Congrats to Mr Kopp! Jim

Bonecolecter62

image.jpg Here's Hogan in my Mancave above my fireplace! On IPad hope pic comes through Jim

Bonecolecter62

I'm really hoping so. Rumors always fly on book bucks. People speculate on theories like taken over bait, on a drive etc. Most of his home core area was relatively small city parcels. But he traveled outside city limits on many occasions that I personally know of. I kept an eye on his distinctive tracks in the snow on those roads. Was definitely mainly nocturnal like most older bucks. What I can add to this puzzle is on the day Mr Kopp harvested this Awesome deer I invaded one of his sanctuarys to hand a trail cam. This was in the same area I found his sheds & seen his bed in snow a month prior. It was around 530 pm so I speculate he traveled out of that area & ended up smack dab in Mr Kopps sight. Very plausible theory . Might never know the whole story. Like to add You naysayers please give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm almost ashamed to call myself a SPORTSMAN myself if this is what happens. Never met Mr Kopp but in America innocent until proven otherwise in my Book.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last time i checked baiting was legal in Ohio and deer drives also if they are done where you have permission.
My question to you, alpahtail and bobbie are...seems like you guys have been running trailcams so am i to assume one of you guys were hoping to kill this buck?
Or just getting pictures to admire.
Seems like their was alot of sore feelingsover this buck getting killed by another hunter.