Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stark County late season GIANT!!!!!!!!

BobbieB123

image.jpg

BobbieB123

hort trust me it's him, he grew that much. There are many fantastic deer around here and not just here surrounding counties too. I just don't want a bunch of nimrods infesting the area hunting. There are plenty of huge bucks around many suburbs of northeast ohio

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How many articles have we read about deer having multiple "home ranges" which vary throughout the year? How many guys on here have had a deer like clockwork, then it simply vanishes only to show up miles away? Or have one vanish and show back up months later? It is late season. It is not hard for me to believe with being pressured all deer season, something minor could make him skip out of his home range. It isn't hard to believe in the late season with different weather fronts/food sources, a winter range can move.

I'm done here. I hope it was taken legit. If not, I hope it is avenged by the law.

City deer and county deer are not the same creatures. No doubt in my mind that country deer travel long distances. No doubt that they use summer and winter ranges. Personally I've seen one go 6 miles. I've gotten the same deer on cam 2.5 miles apart on the same night.

However city deer who've spent their entire lives in a small area of town don't really go that far. Maybe a mile. But the vast majority of them will stick to whatever park, abandoned factory, random patch of woods they're comfortable in. City deer don't live to be old by playing frogger through 4 miles of dodging traffic on a regular basis. Sleepy suburban neighborhoods bordering universities with ample green space. Sure. But they don't roam a 16 square mile circle and change home ranges like county deer do.

BobbieB123

Just to enjoy the site, share some information and some pictures about this buck that has piqued everyone's interest. That's all Palm. What is your agenda?