Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

twireman

Kingston, OH
My brother in law did our annual Sunday of gun season 2 man push on his properties today. I killed a buck last year on it so I told him I would do all the walking today. Last year he missed with his Mossberg 500 after I killed mine so I let him shoot my 350 to get the feel and let him carry it with my shooting sticks. Our last drive this buck jumped out and he put the final shot on him around 125 yards and dropped him. His biggest buck to date! To top it off my son was standing with him and watched it all unfold. He said Max was giving it the “merrrp” as it bounded across the field lol….

Attachments

• E00995A6-947F-4373-AF8D-5DB28749B7CE.jpeg
    E00995A6-947F-4373-AF8D-5DB28749B7CE.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 133

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
My brother in law did our annual Sunday of gun season 2 man push on his properties today. I killed a buck last year on it so I told him I would do all the walking today. Last year he missed with his Mossberg 500 after I killed mine so I let him shoot my 350 to get the feel and let him carry it with my shooting sticks. Our last drive this buck jumped out and he put the final shot on him around 125 yards and dropped him. His biggest buck to date! To top it off my son was standing with him and watched it all unfold. He said Max was giving it the “merrrp” as it bounded across the field lol….
Congrats

Reactions: twireman

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nice picture of them both!! congratulations too him. What platform are you shooting the .350 in?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

That's great man! Congrats to your brother in law on his best buck! Nice job to him, and I'm sure your son will never forget that moment. Pretty cool!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It’s a savage axis package they sell for around 275$ with a weaver scope…. That gun has killed 4 deer now.
I’m tickled to death with it. 150g Winchester bullets
Awesome, I have the .450 and love it. But may pick up a .350 for a back up. Coming too Ohio for gun season I usually bring my muzzle loader for the back up. That may change here shortly.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Congratulations awesome story.