Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Star chart for iPhone is amazing, helps you ID anything in the sky.
ADDC1DFE-3856-4668-8D6C-666BDFD7EC6A.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why does it not surprise me from you, Kevin? You seem to have cool gadgets. Even customizing your snow blower. 😁

I tried to help a buddy get back in the woods tonight. He had rented a mini and was trying to bury electric to his barn. Building his house next year. Guess I should have gotten there earlier as he didn't get back in the woods. But what can he say? Fire me. I offered help with only the hopes of getting him in the woods. Didn't want anything in return other than to see him get a shot at something.
PXL_20211204_205620750.jpg

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Fired the 1st round out of the .350L at a doe and I thought I completely missed based on her reaction and a couple tuffs of hair and that was it for 70yrds...0 blood found. Backed out and came back to find her completely chewed by yotes🥺 Tagged her but left her for the final meal, nothing salvageable.
70 yard shot? How far did she get and could you tell where she was hit? I'm hunting with a .350 this year for the first time so I'm curious.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Bumped a few on the way in and they didn't stop until the rifle cracked at 7:25. This guy and a small 6 slowly fed into the back corner and took one to the shoulder. He hobbled 25yrds and expired in field to the N within view. First ever landowners tag on the new property🤟

20211205_081340.jpg

Smawg, doe was 55yrds away downhill broadside. She did not act like she was hurt at all while running away. I followed her trail for 70yrds with nothing more than a few hairs at impact sight. It was getting dark so headed for more lights and dinner. Went back out to find her another 30-40yrdsyrds from where I stopped with whole rear end ripped out and starting on sides and front. Because I found her, I felt obligated to tag her, used my either sex tag.

Last edited:

whitetailjunky3

Fired the 1st round out of the .350L at a doe and I thought I completely missed based on her reaction and a couple tuffs of hair and that was it for 70yrds...0 blood found. Backed out and came back to find her completely chewed by yotes🥺 Tagged her but left her for the final meal, nothing salvageable.
What ammo are you using?

Bowkills

Nw oh
Bumped a few on the way in and they didn't stop until the rifle cracked at 7:25. This guy and a small 6 slowly fed into the back corner and took one to the shoulder. He hobbled 25yrds and expired in field to the N within view. First ever landowners tag on the new property🤟

View attachment 141680

Smawg, doe was 55yrds away downhill broadside. She did act like she was hurt at all while running away. I followed her trail for 70yrds with nothing more than a few hairs at impact sight. It was getting dark so headed for more lights and dinner. Went back out to find her another 30-40yrdsyrds from where I stopped with whole rear end ripped out and starting on sides and front. Because I found her, I felt obligated to tag her, used my either sex tag.
Hell ya! Congrats! Did you have an exit hole on that buck?