Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Smokers Are In.

Couple questions is it necessary to smoke you bare skin? also if I decided I didnt like it does the smoke come out when you wash yuor cloths? Thanks

You should try to cover yourself, bare skin included, with a good smoking. If you don't want to stand in the smoke to get your hands, hair and face in it then I recommend smoking up a towel (washed in scent free detergent) and wiping your exposed parts down well. Yes, the smoke can be washed out but it may take a couple tries to get it done completely. You can do what I did years ago, put all the carbon clothing aside and smoke just regular camo. I would venture to guess by the end of the season you will not worry about the carbon and smoke that stuff too like I did.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here's the best I could do. This will be my first time smoking up my clothes. By the way, that's apple & hickory in there.

Getting ready to bag the clothes up and finish off dinner with the coals!

View attachment 10042

Here's another method that works really well, Dale...

If you have one of those big ass "ziploc" type bags, like the ones that come in the HS Scent-a-Way kits, put your clothes inside it and fill the bag with smoke. Then seal it shut with the smoke inside and let it sit for a while. It works great and it doesn't take much smoke to get the job done.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Here's another method that works really well, Dale...

If you have one of those big ass "ziploc" type bags, like the ones that come in the HS Scent-a-Way kits, put your clothes inside it and fill the bag with smoke. Then seal it shut with the smoke inside and let it sit for a while. It works great and it doesn't take much smoke to get the job done.

Thanks buddy, I'll give it a try. Getting ready to take a nap, then head to my stand.

huntnfool

Thornville
I was not sure if you smoked your bare skin. That is one thing I have not seen Jon do lol. we tried it out tonight but we had a doe blow at us but now that I think about it Im not sure if she winded us or if she seen us before I seen her. She was coming in behind me on my down wind side. So I have no idea. Jon says no way she smelled us but I got no clue. we then I had buck come into 18 yards and my son took the shot and missed. Its was 7:25 so may of been little to dark for his sight. First time smoked up and he got crack at a buck. Was it the smoke i dont know. I know I smell like sweet hickory lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't strip down naked to smoke up, but I have a buddy that does! I just smoke up each layer as I put it on. Get your hair and exposed skin too!

lung buster

hocking county
Question for all you smokers, do any of you that smoke up ride a atv to your area? I have never rode my four wheeler during deer season for fear of fumes. If im successful i will go home and change clothes before jumping on the quad to go get it.
My 7 yr old son has trouble walking up these hills and i dont want to burn him out always climbing to the top. If it works for that then it would be worth it for me to finally join the smoker crew for that reason alone!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never worried about fumes from a quad or Ranger type thing... Noise would be a bigger concern to me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was driving to work yesterday afternoon and listening to 700 WLW and when the news came on they started to talk about this latest bank robbery. The suspect has hit several banks or stores, can't remember, but eyewitnesses from several of the different robbery locations were asked if they had any discriptions they could give to the police to catch this guy. They gave estimated height and weight but also said he "smelled like smoke"! I got a chuckle out of that! Picture this perp in his garage smoking up with a scent smoker before heading out just caught me funny!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks, Mao. I looked 'em up last night and am trying to figure out if they are selling old stock from last year. They are packaged as they were when ATSI was handling the fulfillment so I assume that's the case. Thanks again!

Ric, that's funny! I wonder if he was dressed in camo too? Hehe. Left the bank and headed to the woods...

Last edited:

mrex

*Supporting member*
Question for all you smokers, do any of you that smoke up ride a atv to your area? I have never rode my four wheeler during deer season for fear of fumes. If im successful i will go home and change clothes before jumping on the quad to go get it.
My 7 yr old son has trouble walking up these hills and i dont want to burn him out always climbing to the top. If it works for that then it would be worth it for me to finally join the smoker crew for that reason alone!

I intentionally drove my Ranger over 4 miles to the area I hunted last Saturday. I believe atv's help us "air wash."

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks, Mao. I looked 'em up last night and am trying to figure out if they are selling old stock from last year. They are packaged as they were when ATSI was handling the fulfillment so I assume they that's the case. Thanks again!

Ric, that's funny! I wonder if he was dressed in camo too? Hehe. Left the bank and headed to the woods...

I did a search on sold Items. He's only sold 2 in the past 30 days. I wonder if sean sold them to him. Either way he's not an authorized dealer.