Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Smokers Are In.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw both of them come through a little bit ago!
Lung Buster, you live pretty close to my old stomping grounds!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
mine just came in, are theere instructions in the box? havent had time to look at it much.

cmq

Question for you guys that are long time users?? I don't really enjoy the smoke saturation in my truck...How do you guys keep the smoke smell out of the truck? Seems like wearing/changing different clothes to and from would be a pain unless it is ok not to smoke base layers. Secondly does it ever wash out of your clothes. Your testamonials have me convinced but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the constant smoke smell. I can tolerate it while hunting but don't want it lingering everywhere my gear goes.

Huckleberry Finn

Question for you guys that are long time users?? I don't really enjoy the smoke saturation in my truck...How do you guys keep the smoke smell out of the truck? Seems like wearing/changing different clothes to and from would be a pain unless it is ok not to smoke base layers. Secondly does it ever wash out of your clothes. Your testamonials have me convinced but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the constant smoke smell. I can tolerate it while hunting but don't want it lingering everywhere my gear goes.

Keep you gear plastic totes or the oversized plastic bags - that should keep it out of the truck. You could always smoke up at the road, that might help too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Part of any good scent control routine shold be protecting your camo from foreign odors. This is why most use plastic totes and change when they get to the field then change back before leaving. I change when I get there and smoke up. Then change out after the hunt and they go back in the tote. You will still be able to smell a slight smoke smell on your skin and in your hair. A hot shower takes care of it. You'll smell it in the shower but afterwards you shouldn't smell it much. The hot shower brings it out. One of the good things is while hunting you can't reall smell it as you get used to it. But if you work up a sweat you can smell it again. It's almost like it actives it more. The hot shower does the same except you're washing it off. Lots of people here actually smoke the inside of their truck too.

Milo

Tatonka guide.

this is also a "clean" smoke smell...the wood is dry and ready to burn. its not like campfire smoke per se. you wont even notice it when you wear it.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hey all, where can I get a cheap tote or oversized bag in Athens.

Lowes or Wally World have them?

I have a sent lok tote now that I keep all my clothes in and I am debating if Im going to just smoke my outter layers or if I should just smoke everything, and then put it all in the tight locked sent lok tote. Opinions?