Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 88

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wind is constant on this property, but the camera doesn't seem overly sensitive. It does, however, seem to take nice pics. I think this cam will get interesting over the next few days.

Attachments

• 10250009.jpg
    10250009.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 108

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I went up to Fayette today after setting a stand in "Tines" neighborhood. We arrived up there around 3, set up a stand and immediately started to see deer. We saw deer on the way to check a trail cam, we saw deer on the way around the farm to get into our set ups, we saw deer from our stands once we climbed up. Mason saw 25+ and I saw a bunch too. Nothing really big, but it was a fun evening in the tree even though there were two or three pretty good downpours.

Here is the young 10 I saw from the tree the other morning. We got pics of some other nice up and comers too, nothing big yet on this cam but there probably will be soon enough.

Attachments

• 10270023.jpg
    10270023.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 89

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My big ones were both found dead today. I may shoot that lil ten the next time I see him. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 87

rsmith

Dang Brock. That's a terrible sight to see. Any idea what happened?? Disease? Poached? Killed each other in a fight?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I woke up to 76 texts today. Most of which centered around this news. Breaks your heart as a hunter for a variety of reasons. Nature is a cruel bitch. Hate seeing thus for you two Brock. I know how much it fueled the fire. Hopefully old Mason sees the lesson in this and doesn't take it too hard. Doubt he will given the common sense he inherited from his dad, but it probably won't sit real well with him!