Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Athens Co. Had bucks cruising during daylight yesterday, even my big 10 shooter, All while I was at work!!! Notta today. Time is hour off on cam. HUNT0046.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I watched a fawn nurse tonight. Twice. WTF?!? Saw 4 different adults does today and watched 3 bucks cut their track and go the other way. Fugg me...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Karissa and I sat from 10:30 till 5:50 and had activity on and off the nearly 7.5 hours. We saw 4 different bucks today spaced out about 1.25 hours apart with one lone doe spotted twice 3-4 hours apart being nudged by several of the small bucks.

I'm opinion, the mature bucks in our area are LD and the subordinate and young bucks just mill around and bed in transition areas and bedding areas waiting on something to happen...lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I saw 3 smalls bucks today and they acted lost. One little guy milled around at the intersection of two logging roads for 45 minutes this morning. It's the first time I've seen a deer that literally looked lost. He had no idea what he was doing. lmao

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
One unknown far and one of the largest bucks I've ever seen on the hoof after legal time.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Lucas county, had a doe come out 80yds away around 245 this afternoon...then i saw a buck with her...she went back where she came from and he followed...think he 's locked down for a little while.

Saw a pretty big roadkill with a messed up rack along 24 west bound...right before the mall by the metropark property....i think its tines all got broken off, it was still pretty big.

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
Dad hunted this morning and saw nothing. Hunted with my nephew tonight and saw 4 does. Nephew wasn't able to get a shot on one of the does , and was not happy about it..lol

Buckmaster

Portage
Nov 7 was game on here in Jeffrerson Co. I witnessed 2 chases. Saw 4 doe and 3 bucks for the day. My buddy Scott saw 7 bucks and took a 9 point. Bucks are moving heavily.

rsmith

Best day for me this year! Absoutly amazing out this morning, deer were up and rolling, bucks cruising and scent checking. If you're not in the stand get your butt in the stand!

Coshocton county, lots of action this weekend..... Friday night wife stuck a 130" 10 pt. that came to our buck decoy after checking a scrape. Hit shoulder and got very little penetration. Ended up losing blood after 1/2 mile on Saturday after searching for 5 hours. Major bummer.

Saturday evening had a small 8 trailing a young doe in the food plot and another 1.5 yr. old chasing a doe.

Sunday morning watched a beauty 8 pt. mount a doe 60 yds. from our spot. Never witnessed that before. Was pretty cool to see. Doe saw our buck decoy and headed the other way with buck in tow. Pretty awesome weekend except losing that buck. So is bow season....