Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Seneca county , still seeing small bucks but no bruisers yet, plenty of does but no shooters? Any other Seneca reports?

This has been my experience all season so far. Now that my bow hunting vacation is gone I just have my two weekend days to get it done till gun season. Taking my daughter out too and we're both just biding our time hoping a shooter shows up soon! My 4 cameras are still showing mostly night time action and the bucks are all young as well. Maybe a couple 2.5 year olds. There are some big bucks around so just hoping one eventually comes through on Friday or Saturday at this point.

This is in Warren(SW)county BTW.

Kaiser878

ohio
Tusc county. Ruts over. Two sub par 4yos eating dinner together for 15 min

Lundy

A couple of the better bucks I had on camera this past week
The second one is the one I watched on Sunday morning as I was going in to change cards. He is every bit of a 20” spread. I had never seen him before, along with another 5-6 bucks that showed up last week that I had never seen before. I’m sure they showed up from wherever they are from looking for some love. They have been hanging tight to a very thick bedding area that has a high population of resident does. I’m guessing they will head back where they came from when all of the girls are used up. I may have to start bowhunting again:D

One of the resident does we call Swoosh, we have watched her for 5 years

Very bad pic but is this a bobcat?

lung buster

hocking county
It's been one of the strangest November's that I can remember in my area, Hocking county! Things started off "normal" and what I would consider on time, scrapes etc...then the first 2 weeks of Nov went dead! Scrapes cold no rutting activity at all! Three nights ago Addy and I heard chasing and grunting on the way out. Buck let us get within 30 yds with me shining flashlight on him, he didn't care. I also about drilled a whopper coming home from work sunday night and he was on a mission. Andrew and I seen 2 young bucks together tues night and both walked past several scrapes and never bothered to stop. Things definitely seem weird this yr!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is Pres Bush's fault. Or global warming. haha

I agree though lung buster. Been a weird year. Things seem later in my area than ever.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Fairfield County, scrapes are open and fresh again, two mature deer on cam in daylight hours the last two days. Lock down is over, back to seeking. Just need a change in weather/wind direction to get em' going again.

What he said ^ most mature does bred, young ones left, bucks cruising, smelling, and browsing. Jackson County

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Saw some chasing this morn. Younger doe in heat with alot of bone in pursuit. Also saw 2 diff separate does, a couple younger bucks cruising, and a momma with two yearlings(she seemed to be trying to shake them).

Best movement ive seen in weeks.

Hunting athens/meigs/vinton