Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Athens county, 33 nelsontucky bypass. We were doing some work up here today and this buck was bedded down. We watched him from the side of the road when out of nowhere a doe jumps up and runs. He got up, not even looking at us and began to chase her. Needless to say, they were inside the deer fence, so they probly won't last through the night haha. uploadfromtaptalk1446834849593.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446834856723.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446834864143.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Scrapes have been left along since I last checked on Tuesday. I'd say we are in full seeking phase with probably some lock down occurring in Allen county. Like anything, this may only be the areas I hunt. North end of Allen county could be totally different. They are deer. They are random. They aren't all the same.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
One scrape has become four in one location. 13 bucks (2 shooters) have hit it in one week.

This guy has been all over my area. He is a beaut in person. Best pic I have of him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446845414.773381.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lots if night time rut activity which IMO brings on better midday movement. Lucky enough to be in an area of a hot doe you're in for a fun hunt! I agree lots of pinned downed does right now. Hope this cooler weather brings on better movement too!

Heading out with Karissa in a few. Good luck to everyone!

themedic

OHIO
Scrapes have been left along since I last checked on Tuesday. I'd say we are in full seeking phase with probably some lock down occurring in Allen county. Like anything, this may only be the areas I hunt. North end of Allen county could be totally different. They are deer. They are random. They aren't all the same.

Agree with this. I received a new Browning trail cam in the mail yesterday and went out looking fir a fresh scrape to put it on and almost couldn't find one. And I've seen some bucks locked down. It's primetime....and I'm at work.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We're in for the long haul! Hoping for some midday movement in amongst this standing corn and bedding areas! Good luck y'all!

NEOhunter

Northern trumbull county saw a small 4 pt. nose to ground at 8 am and then 9 am a small 8 point was chasing a doe through the woods. This is my first time seeing a buck chasing a doe...it was awesome to see.
I was starting to think it only happened on hunting shows.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Saw two small bucks just milling around from 10:55-11:22. Typical of lockdown. We're in a great place so we're staying put.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Northern trumbull county saw a small 4 pt. nose to ground at 8 am and then 9 am a small 8 point was chasing a doe through the woods. This is my first time seeing a buck chasing a doe...it was awesome to see.
I was starting to think it only happened on hunting shows.

It's fast and furious.... For a few minutes then they're gone lol.... Always cool too see though...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm continually baffled as to how I can put in the effort I do out here, have the numbers and quality I have on cam, then consistently fail to experience the rut. Even the guys on the adjacent farm say it's been slow. Mind boggling.