Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Had way more activity last week. Things have gone sour at my spot in Williams Co.

Gordo

Athens County
Two young bucks.

Got a call from a buddy who drives around the state for work. He said there's dead deer littering the highways. Was on his way towards cincy

Kaiser878

ohio
Setting coyote traps todsy I bumped a big wide buck that I've had pics of for 3 years. He's a minimum of 6 yo.... and Has equally as many points, but is 22+wide... we was locked down with a doe

themedic

OHIO
Saw 3 mid day cruisers myself today, Facebook shows good harvest numbers of mature bucks and Johnstown butcher shop had 15 bucks by noon.....I'de say it's peak seeking phase with lock down imminent

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I saw a lone doe at 730, mom and twins at 900 & mom and single fawn at 1pm...not a single buck...not sure where we're at with this so called rut!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I saw a doe with her twins when I was riding through the field on the way to check a camera today. They were just grazing along

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pulled a card today over a major major scrape. Been there less than a week. There was a nice 2.5yr old, a crappy 3.5yr old, and several 1.5yr old bucks cruising thru there since last Tues or Wed when I hung the cam. Does and fawns were mostly together. A couple of the does were checking the licking branches. I'd guess they are close to being ready. No actual chasing taking place. Couple year and half bucks fought for about 100 pics or so on the card. No mature bucks. Not sure if they were already locked down or just avoiding the camera. NW Ohio.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Reports of bucks chasing hard around my part of Athens Co past 2 days. Have seen 2, one locked down with a doe in the same spot 45+ minutes, the other chasing at 2pm in a field this afternoon. Long week of work, Hope to hunt tomorrow.

kawi.vn750

Licking/Knox county line. 7 point this morning in the cut corn field @ 700. Then 7 does @715 walked along the river behind me. Then 6 of the does came back through @1040. No bucks behind them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Warren county(SW) my daughter and I saw first buck cruising about 7:15 below us about 75 yards so I threw some grunts to him and video'd his approach and Karissa passed him with a Chip shot as I recorded it. Another buck of unknown proportions was cruising further out that I couldn't get to come in. Prolly didn't even hear me.

About 9:30 had a bb come through in lead of two big does all within 25 yards going through several shooting lanes. 5-10 min later a lone small doe came running on through the same trail evidently trying to catchup with mom.

We climbed down at 11:30 and snuck out. Dropped bow and xbow off in truck as well other gear and slipped up to another double set and took it down quietly. Slipped out and plan on heading back out around 3-3:30 after most of the OSU game is over.

billthearcher

Weird today,seems like seek faze still.have not seen any chasing, just cruise bucks.all doe have seen no bucks tending, or following. Guernsey co

Lundy

Pulled cards on 5 cameras today in Athens. On the way in was greeted by a very nice 20-21" wide gnarley split brow bine, dark antlered buck that stood gleaming in the morning sun for 5 minutes while I looked at him through the glasses at 100 yds.

Cameras were full of bunches and bunches of daytime pics of bucks with 3 being potential candidates if I see them during gun, including some pics of the one I watched as I went in.

11/10 through today was very active on the cams

themedic

OHIO
Fairfield County, scrapes are open and fresh again, two mature deer on cam in daylight hours the last two days. Lock down is over, back to seeking. Just need a change in weather/wind direction to get em' going again.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have had two nights in a row with more cruising, seeking, chasing than any other hunts this year. Garrett and I took a different way out of the stand to avoid an old bruiser with a doe. We walked by a very fresh scrape. Allen County in NW Ohio.