Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Best to you and Mason for a recovery today! I know it's been a long night for you both. Keep the faith Brock~~I have seen no blood on arrows and after 20 yards or so, look like a highway of blood. Also had no blood and dead deer within 40. Anything is possible except for taking the experience away from Mason. Good Luck will be watching this for sure!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Good luck Brock, hope you find him this morning. Are you gonna make that poor kid go to school today? I'm pretty sure he's got buck fever!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What kinda head did he use Brock? We have a shit load of rain on the way but you're a little more east and hopefully you'll get an hour or two of daylight before the heavens open up!

I hope ole Mason is able to join you on this track job this morning...hint hint:smiley_bril:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the well wishes. I've been out since sunrise. Never found the first speck of blood. Did not find a dead deer yet either. It's about to storm here now, so I swapped the card in the camera before leaving. I think most every buck we know about went by except the deer Mason shot. I expect and hope he will show up again this week. The area he went into is CRP, so all I could do was move around on the quad while standing up in hopes of finding a body. It would be complete luck if that happened as this stuff is very tall. I did manage to find a dead coon... Did I ever tell you guys that sometimes I really, really hate arrows and broadheads?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ric, he is shooting slick tricks. Here's the head and the visible blood on the fletching. It is minimal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 100

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brock, that arrow looks exactly like mine last year. Pass through shot with the same amount of blood. Only difference is mine bled like crazy for 400 yards or so. When the guy shot him on the neighboring property Monday of gun week, he said one lung was deflated and my shot was high. The buck I hit lived for 2 1/2 weeks on one lung.

Id say there's a good chance his arrow travelled through no man's land, like mine did, and got wiped clean. Probably the only difference in the shots was mine punctured the front lung and exited low because of the steep angle down, thus leaving a good blood trail. Mason's may have hit just above the lungs and went straight through since he was ground hunting.

Either way, it sucks, but as Aaron said, we've all been there.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Mike. I feel fairly confident that is exactly what happened. I fully expect to see him soon on camera. But who knows, and that's why I went looking

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Mike. I feel fairly confident that is exactly what happened. I fully expect to see him soon on camera. But who knows, and that's why I went looking

Yep, gotta go out looking for sure. Hell, I looked for three days and then again two weeks later (right before gun week) hoping to smell him. Tell Mason to get back in the saddle. I bet he sees him again.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Dang. I was hoping to check in and see something different. The good news is that the deer should be fine and Mason can get another crack at him.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Damn. I just clicked on this thread hoping you found him. We've all been there or will at some point. Good luck to
Him the rest of the season though