Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here's how freaking stupid this is. In an attempt to be an even better citizen beyond wearing a mask, sanitizing, and limiting public exposure because I have symptoms and have been exposed, I wanted to get tested.

Everywhere is sold out of OTC rapid tests. I called three urgent cares. 2 were out of stock, one had 15 people in line with an estimated 2 hour wait. Thats worthless, If you didn't have it when you came, you're guaranteed to leave with it 😅. Walgreens has a drive up system by appointment, first available appointment is in two days this Saturday. CVS has a similar program. Closest testing location due to availability is Slidel almost two hours away.

Thats enough stupid shit for the day, I'm gonna get some bait and go fishing 😅

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Here's how freaking stupid this is. In an attempt to be an even better citizen beyond wearing a mask, sanitizing, and limiting public exposure because I have symptoms and have been exposed, I wanted to get tested.

Everywhere is sold out of OTC rapid tests. I called three urgent cares. 2 were out of stock, one had 15 people in line with an estimated 2 hour wait. Thats worthless, If you didn't have it when you came, you're guaranteed to leave with it 😅. Walgreens has a drive up system by appointment, first available appointment is in two days this Saturday. CVS has a similar program. Closest testing location due to availability is Slidel almost two hours away.

[sarcasm mode on] Aren't you glad that that bumbling fool Trump is gone and the adults are running things again? [sarcasm mode off]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
[sarcasm mode on] Aren't you glad that that bumbling fool Trump is gone and the adults are running things again? [sarcasm mode off]

But Sam, Brandon said he's going to mail out 500 million free tests. You know, to make sure places that do free testing like walgreens. CVS, and urgent cares run out of free tests.

Reactions: Ohiosam

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker

Slidel!! I heard only steers and queers come from Slidel.😂

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Yea that sucks Joe..I went through my doctor at ohio health and she put an order in and 15 mins later I just went through their drive thru they have set up and got tested

Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Meijer has free drive through testing. Sign up online.

Same for CVS and walgreens here. The problem is while you can setup an appointment online they don't actually have tests. They basically wait to see if they have any then call to cancel your appointment if they don't get any in. Right now they're booked out two days.

Reactions: Mike

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So then they release a bunch of test when they want to spike the numbers?
Yesterday was the "worst" day since the pandemic began for positive tests and they haven't even mailed tests out yet. So if that's the plan, they screwed it up like everything else this administration has done.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They had free tests handed out locally today. The Facebook community crying was not surprising. Sounds like our county had one of the most poorly organized events possible. Lined up at the ghost town of a mall. No signs to direct traffic. People sitting in line for hours. Vehicles picking up 4+ tests. People cutting in line. Others sitting hours early to not receive any tests. And now? They are out of tests again.

I'll keep avoiding people and crowds. If I get symptoms I'll stay home and monitor myself unless my condition warrants medical care. This whole thing is a mess.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So then they release a bunch of test when they want to spike the numbers?

Manufacturing capacity is a finite number. The G man puts in an order for 500 million tests and it doesn't take long for shortages to hit clinical providers. Suddenly places like CVS, Walgreens and urgent cares that provide "free" testing in communities across America don't have tests to administer.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Same for CVS and walgreens here. The problem is while you can setup an appointment online they don't actually have tests. They basically wait to see if they have any then call to cancel your appointment if they don't get any in. Right now they're booked out two days.

Snyder10

I heard recently that the rapid tests aren’t very reliable. How many false positives and negatives have those been responsible for and led to more spreading?
They haven’t been reliable this whole time imo. My gpa tested positive 2 weeks ago, runny nose/fatigue was about it. Grandma was sick as hell at the same time and tested negative 4 times before the 5th one came came positive. She was in and out of the ER on oxygen and on bed rest. Both triple vaxxed and On the mend

Reactions: Geezer II