Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #9 " DeaD BuCkS "

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
With my heart racing in my throat I took a few deep breaths to calm myself, drew back and let the arrow fly. It seemed like the arrow flew in slow motion and hit 10ring. She ran 50yds and crashed on the hillside tumbling down to the creek. The arrow clipped the top of both lungs and right through the middle of the heart. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

That is exactly what it's all about!!! Congrats on a great hunt. :smiley_cheers:

Bucknut

Belpre, Ohio
Heading back out Saturday morning in a spot that has produced year in and year out. Will be patient in hopes to see a Buck deer stroll through. There are definitely good genes running out there.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Fairly quiet on here. I haven't been out, but once. That will all change here shortly. Most of my hunting requires travel, so there's not much point in burning myself out before things start to heat up. I may head out locally on Sunday. Next weekend I may head down to my mom's place, then Plumbrook will be right around the corner (10/22). For one of my other antlerless hot spots I have to wait for soccer season to end.

Diablo54

Outside
Good shu. Goin to set up a groundblind and a stand and swap cards in a cam right after school. Hunting in a good spot tomm am.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
gonna give it a shot in the am, before it gets to hot. may get out sunday evening as well.

looks like its gonna cool off again later this week.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Got a little seat time in the rain this evening. Got skunked and then there were 2 deer standing in my front yard when I got home.:smiley_blackeye:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Saw 10 deer in 2 hours on stand. Had a young 8 pushing does at about 6:50. Hopefully his big brother shows up in the morning.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had another good set. Saw 12 deer some could have been the same. All antlerless. Had 4 right under me. Forgot to mention a did see a red fox last night in addition to the deer.

Diablo54

Outside
Had 3 does come in as soon as I was getting down. I put the stak on them and got within 20yds. I couldn't bring myself to shoot yet and she knew something was wrong. She started coming in closer trying to pick me off. I was laying on my stomachwith an arrow nocked while she was stomping and staring at 10 yds. It was cool being that close on the ground. I could have easily killed one with a compound this am

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had a great hunt this evening. Saw a ton of deer. At 7 pm I still had 9 deer totally circling me. I tried to take a few pics with my phone. If I have anything worthy I'll post them in the morning. Could have killed deer on every sit this weekend, but no shooter bucks. I decided not to take a doe at this point due to my upcoming Plumbrook hunt. I should be back down to this property in two weeks.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Pic isn't very good, but here is a 7 point that was at about 10 yards. Fugger wouldn't leave.

And here's one of the doe...looks farther than it was. She was at 28 yards when I took this.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I just dont get it. why aint ya shootin any of em?!

Those doe will be my live decoys in a few weeks. Like I mentioned in the other post, I'm going to Plumbrook for a controlled hunt in 6 days. I plan to fill doe tags there and give my resident doe a pass for now.