Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrels

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm planning on taking my son out to the woods this fall to use my Grandpa's single shot 410 on some squirrels. Looking forward to that day.

Came across this video that I thought was pretty cool...

I enjoyed that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice pic Squirrely. Lefty is a fine looking dog.

I would love to go out but will be at the fairgrounds working Max's Show all weekend trying to sell some product. Guess the squirrels can wait on me.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Awesome pic! I would love to hunt behind a dog for squirrel. I will be out on public land tomorrow morning, and then switching over to dove in the PM. Good luck everyone. I love feeling like a kid again. I wont sleep much tonight.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm working tonight, but may go spend an hour or two out in the woods tomorrow morning. Give me a reason to get out and do a little scouting.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Took one fox and one grey, both head shots with the .22. Saw/heard around 10 but just to high and out of sight. Could have blasted a couple more if were using a shotgun, but a .22 is what enjoy.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Thanks fellas and good luck to everyone else who is or will be out there. I am getting ready to head out in an hour to do some dove hunting, tis the season!

rooster85

Lake County
Well, nothing for me today. I saw a few but wasn't able to get on them. Heard a few shots so hopefully thy did better than me. Going back tomorrow i think, need to remember the thermacell as i got chewed on today by the skeeters.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
we came close several times, but Lefty and I only bagged our limit of 6 one time last season. because I suck, I could only manage 5 head shots. still, a momentous occasion for the both of us. please note the look of apparent disbelief on both of our faces. :smile:

That's a great picture!

I can't wait to get out and squirrel hunt myself but I'll wait till things cool down some.

Congrats to those who've had success!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I worked the Lima show all weekend and was wore out. I sat around and rested all day Monday and forgot I could be resting and squirrel hunting at the same time.
I got a great custom rifle I have to try out. A Ruger #1 converted to 22LR.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason took his pellet gun into our woods today. It was the first time he killed a squirrel with this particular little gun. He didn't believe me that a simple .177 was all you needed. He has some of the "higher power" pellet rifles (22), but honestly they are just not as accurate as this 177. He shot this squirrel at about 30 steps. Killed him graveyard dead with one shot.

I've got him helping me at the shop right now, but I'm betting he will be up bright and early looking for another.

Attachments

• Madison-20130903-01029.jpg
    Madison-20130903-01029.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 115