Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayers please for my dad

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Dan. I have heard this from a few different people. Sure hope you all are correct. Doctor didn't seem real concerned- even before surgery. Haven't scheduled any meetings with an oncologist yet. Got to be a good thing. I think?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not the news we were hoping for. . . Awaiting more pathology lab results. Tumor was malignant. Focusing on the positives. Awaiting a treatment plan from oncologist. Neurosurgeon said he got it all. Says radiation or chemo will be a preventative or precautionary measure to ensure cancer doesn't come back. Ultimately I think it depends on what next lab reports say and it is now the call of the oncologist as to how we proceed.

More positive news (although scary): dad is moving to the rehabilitation floor tomorrow (most likely). That is positive. He will likely only be there 5-7 days depending on how he progresses. That is scary. This means a ton more time at my parents house to assist. Mom cannot help him get around much. He is not a huge guy. He was over 200lbs, and 191lb going into surgery. He IS too big for mom to help much though.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Nice talking with you yesterday Phil. Your father and whole family are still in out continued prayers. Keep your head up brother. If there is anything I can do just Hillary.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice talking with you yesterday Phil. Your father and whole family are still in out continued prayers. Keep your head up brother. If there is anything I can do just Hillary.
"Just Hillary?" Is that a new way of telling someone to screw themelves? Lol

I get it. Just holler.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Doing well. 2 days of rehab under his belt. Tomorrow we meet with a radiologist and an oncologist.