Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Goin snaring

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That cheap camera has been up there all this time...I really need to find time to go check it. Dang employees are killing my free time!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You should have some interesting pic's Brock. Pups are out across the street now. I heard quite a chorus of youngun's and 1 adult last night. Sorta sounded cute enough to kill all of them. Hope you got some great pic's.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, cheap camera and all, I did get a couple cool pics. Nothing exceptional. I suspect the yotes are not using the den that the cam is set up on or I would have had more pics, and the area would have looked more "used". Anyway, there are still some yotes and deer left...

Attachments

• SUNP0007.jpg
    SUNP0007.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 161
  • SUNP0012.jpg
    SUNP0012.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 188

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Even though it isn't visible in the pic, that coyote is standing right at the opening to the den.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Well, cheap camera and all, I did get a couple cool pics. Nothing exceptional. I suspect the yotes are not using the den that the cam is set up on or I would have had more pics, and the area would have looked more "used". Anyway, there are still some yotes and deer left...

Is that Coyote sticking his tongue out at you Brock?:smiley_crocodile: Nice Pic to let you know where to concentrate.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know if he is mocking me, or is sad for having lost a bunch of his friends to snares. Either way, I wish I hadn't left him behind!:)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
i hope so! We have some new employees getting a grip on things at the shop. Hopefully, I will be able to get after them again in a couple of weeks.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Interesting forum. Just make sure of following the Ohio state laws on snaring. Do a Ohio google search for snaring. All snares have to have a name tag and checked every 24 hrs.
You don't need problems.
Frank

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads-up. I've never read the regulations on snaring. Something I should probably look into. :)

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
hey I really don't care myself. I snare on my own farm to. Just passing the info on. Trying to get my 50 post in to enter the Hunting Contest. I just found this site. I wonder where I have been.
I know some Game Wardens go out of their way to make trouble for other well meaning hunters.
Frank in SW Ohio

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
hey I really don't care myself. I snare on my own farm to. Just passing the info on. Trying to get my 50 post in to enter the Hunting Contest. I just found this site. I wonder where I have been.
I know some Game Wardens go out of their way to make trouble for other well meaning hunters.
Frank in SW Ohio

Ah.. That makes sense.. lol Good deal.. Post away.. :) You can join the deer contest thread, just make sure you have the posts before the drawing.. Welcome to TOO man.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Frank in SW Ohio

Frank was wondering if you were up too that lol... was fixing too start calling you captain obvious lol.... its cool post away Frank lol....