Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS First sheds of the year a MATCH!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would in a heartbeat Adam if we weren't so far away from each other. Goodluck in your searching buddy. If you can establish where he's feeding you are half way there. I can't find where the buggars are bedding down here. Mainly because I can't get permission to the properties where I suspect they are.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I would in a heartbeat Adam if we weren't so far away from each other. Goodluck in your searching buddy. If you can establish where he's feeding you are half way there. I can't find where the buggars are bedding down here. Mainly because I can't get permission to the properties where I suspect they are.

Same problem I have buddy lol. The bucks venture over to my property when feeding but they don't bed there. The property or properties they stay on to bed are not in my block but I might be able to get permission to shed hunt them.

Guess I will be hitting that stuff next Sunday lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This afternoon on my way down a waterway between two picked beanfields and 40 yards below a pond I ran into these two mating snappers. I wondered why this big ole cus stood off the ground so far and after getting real close to him I could see what I hope is a small female under him.lol I would have loved to ate him but didn't feel like messing with him as I was just starting to shed hunt. I stopped back by on my way back to the truck and they were gone.

Why do I think of Joe when I look at this pic?

He sure would have been good eattin'! What a PIG!lol

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hehe...dang. I don't know how you look at a couple of turtles while they are screwing and think about eating them. You're a freaking mountainman!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Swapped one card today from a cam that sat for 8 days. This was the neatest pic of the batch. Nice looking healthy big doe in a neat pose.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I wish I had something to post up today but I tried. I walked over 3 miles today and found nothing. Greenup is outrageous but I ain't done yet. Many are still carrying down here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You're the only dude I know that would get hungry while watching two turtles screw! I would have expected that from Joe, but not you!!! :smiley_crocodile:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
lmao Jesse! Yeah Joe, if I was on my way BACK from shed hunting that big ole boy would have been carried back to the truck but he was busy and I was starting to get busy.lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, I'll still be looking but my shed hunting season is coming to an end. With greenup so strong and turkey hunting during any down time between work and the honey do list my shed hunting has taken a back seat. I've still been looking though while heading back to my truck after hunting and checking my cams.

On a side note, a coworker told me today that he had a monster of a buck run out in from of him in a subdivision he lives in this afternoon at 5:30. Can't believe some are still carrying. He said this buck was bigger than any he has ever seen. Guess who is asking him if he wants to shed hunt around his subdivision in a few weeks! Lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck, Ric! How many have you found this year in total? I have only found a handful in my lifetime. All but two were by accident.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Counting my junk sheds(tine,chewed all to oblivion sheds)19, but those were only 4 of the 19. I had a good to great season but I probably walked nearly 40 to 50 miles for those and 30 of those miles were just good ole exercise. Lol

I can't complain Brock, great season and as my wife can attest..... I could lose a few pounds! Though she was nagging me everytime I went........You going shed hunting AGAIN!lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excellent season! Congrats on your hard work and numerous sheds found Ric. It is hard to believe some are still holding on.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Excellent season! Congrats on your hard work and numerous sheds found Ric. It is hard to believe some are still holding on.

Thanks Phil! Yeah, maybe that's why I havent found Boneheads sheds yet but as grown up everythings is I figure their down and I just haven't stepped on them yet. Lol