Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thank you fellas.

I had a fun morning. I saw ten, only three of which were does/fawns. I should have killed a good buck, not great, but really good. I decided to video instead of shoot as he came charging in. I spun around to hang my bow back up and he caught me. I should have just shot him...

Here is a neat little video. It appears at the end of this clip that the little buck blows out, he didn't. He hung around for another ten minutes or so, slobbering all over himself and trying to figure out who the stranger was. Big fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUy8SAQ6vmA&feature=youtu.be

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hunted a fencerow in Highland County tonight. I saw ten deer, only one nice 2 yr old 8, the rest were does and fawns.
I'll probably go to Fayette in the morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thats fuggin awesome right there

I assume you mean the little buck coming to the decoy? If so, I thought so too.

This guy showed up on the camera I put up there the other day. He will do if I happen to get a crack at him. I'm hoping to see him in the next couple of days. I've seen every other buck I've got on this camera except him. That's what I really like about this property, I can SEE them, even if I never get a shot opportunity.

Attachments

• 11060025.jpg
    11060025.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 117

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw 5 this morning, one buck that was busy keeping his doe in a thicket. Also saw a coyote. No shots fired.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw just one deer tonight. He was a nice one and I believe he had a doe pinned down. I think he stayed in the small thicket beside me all evening.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw 11 this morning. Hard to call it a " slow" morning having seen that many but I can't think of a better description. Does did not move far and they all had young bucks with them, just walking slowly behind. Weird.

Gordo

Athens County
When your seeing deer like you are but no mature bucks, it's easy to say it was 'slow'. It's all relative. I'll complain about not seeing deer, then be covered in them, but nothing of any age/size so I'm back to saying it was 'slow'. Ha. Gotta love it.

Good luck. One will slip up, just gotta be there for it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I say it's " slow" because I can see so much acreage from that stand. Seriously, the other day I watched a small buck come right to me from over a mile away. When deer are really active and covering ground, I see a bunch from a distance. The last few days I'm certain they have been locked down. I have seen few move any distance at all. They seem to just pop up, eat a minute or two and go back in their holes. I expect to see them turn loose again any day. Having said that, I checked out another spot where I used to have a stand years ago. We will be hanging one there this weekend! I can't see as far there, but I can kill most of what I see. Due to factors I had nothing to do with, it's an even better pinch point than it was years ago, and it was awesome then !