Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

Buckmaster

Portage
Jefferson Co.
Oct 30-Nov 1.

Mature does have broken up into singular format.
Scrapes have begun to open up the evening of Oct 30th.
Small buck cruising in search for does.

Week of Nov 8th should be prime.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm working today, but my good buddy Carl killed a great buck near Marion . Saw it feeding and grunted it in and put a great shot . I'm quickly running out of friends to get reports from as most have tagged bucks .

High climber

Fairfield County

Small bucks are pushing some Does. Lots of scrapes, few rubs found though. Activity was until 10:30 Sunday.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
With this weather coming on friday/saturday hopefully its gets going a little harder. 2 nights ago: 2 button bucks chases 3 does in (maybe moms?) grunting away, was actually funny to hear them. Any updates anyone? Headed out tongiht/ tomorrow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Scrapes and rubs popping up daily. Small bucks cruising. In the next week the flood gates are going to open with crazy activity I suspect. Allen County.

rsmith

I'm with buckmaster on the flip of the switch Saturday and Sunday. Coming off a warm temp of mid 60's and rain all day Friday to high of 48 and 8-10 mph winds and no rain Saturday Sunday should have them up and rolling here.

Here as in Geauga, Lake, Ashtabula county.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Watched a buck chasing several does around checking and he ended up pinning one down. Then it ended up in a flurry of activity when other deer showed up.

I'd say she was hot.

Sch8pt

Been hunting Lawrence co near Ironton , no movement at all last several days , very warm , windy , some rain showers .. Had a couple daylight pics show up of a few bucks. Sign is limited seems like not as much as in years past .. Most deer are concentrated near green fields this year.. Have had a Bear come in on me while in stand though but no bucks yet ..

Sch8pt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446815815.651076.jpg Bear infiltration in Lawrence Co Ohio.