Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great news! Congrats.

Took Garrett to hunter safety course today. He is out of apprentice licenses to use. We reviewed info on the way home. Made the 50min drive feel like 20min. Garrett exclaimed at one point "Wow! I really learned a lot today." I just smiled and said "Yes you did. This is why we attended this course." I felt even better after getting home. He is not really a book learner. We opened the safe and looked at various stuff. Pointed out different components, actions, etc. He was money. Not a big deal, but it was a proud daddy moment.

OO2

In the Uplands
What's good is the rain we are finally getting. The bad: tried to slip in and hang one more stand/check cameras before the major rain got here. Was not successful. Trees can only keep you dry for so long in a 30+ minute down pour.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
What's good is the rain we are finally getting. The bad: tried to slip in and hang one more stand/check cameras before the major rain got here. Was not successful. Trees can only keep you dry for so long in a 30+ minute down pour.

Very True. But bad decisions make better stories usually.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff Phil!

Yes, we need rain bad! Hope this humidity leaves soon, it's been miserable the last month for almost everywhere in Ohio!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We finished the course today. I was standing outside waiting. Garrett comes out looking down and said "I got a 79." You need an 80% to pass. He knew the material but doesn't test well. That was a worry for me. My look of shock was evident. Then he looks at me and said "just messin' with you Dad. I got a 92." Lmao

Lil man got me good.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It was raining all day so not being one to be cooped up in the house I decided to make something. It originally started as a horizontal shelf to mount on the wall, then turned into a planter, final product is a corner shelf, thanks to J and Dave for the input. All made out of a pallet and about $8 worth of hardware.i have another few hours before I can polyurethane the stained wood.

Huckleberry Finn

We finished the course today. I was standing outside waiting. Garrett comes out looking down and said "I got a 79." You need an 80% to pass. He knew the material but doesn't test well. That was a worry for me. My look of shock was evident. Then he looks at me and said "just messin' with you Dad. I got a 92." Lmao

Lil man got me good.

Now that's funny.