Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Chad already talked to me about Joys ability to make a Peach Cobbler.... rotflmao It was pretty reasonable. Got a bushel of second grade peaches for 25.00. Normally 48. I believe. They don't need to be pretty for jelly or the freezer.
I gave Joy the go ahead 2 weeks ago to start making peach cobbler. Had to have you test it so it's 100% by Stroud's[emoji23] [emoji23]

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Sounds good everyone. Our master bath toilet has been running for about a week, or two. Started to get worse little by little. So I took the tank lid off and saw that the flapper had started to deteriorate. Went to Lowes and bought a new flapper. Well that wasn't the problem. Then the wife called and said there was no water coming from the boys bathroom sink. Went back to Lowes yesterday to get a new fill valve and a replacement cartridge for his sink. Got home, replaced the fill valve fairly easy job. Ive done it before but it had been a while. Problem fixed. Went into the boys bathroom to replace the cartridge, reached under the sink to turn the water off, push knob type shutoff, and his water was already off. Come to find out, bc he is heavy handed when he shuts the water off, that the water had been shut off by accident. Problem fixed. Also rehung his towel rack that he tore out of the wall. So everything is running smooth again. Not long ago I had to pull the fan motor out of the furnace and put a pan in the bottom of the furnace. That solved an air flow issue for the most part. Feels good to get this shit taken care of. Then this morning I went to the basement and my sump pump quit working on me. I live at the bottom of a hill so I get all the run off from the neighbors above me. Basement was flooded. Not bad enough to where I had too much standing water, but bad enough that Ill now have to get a new sump pump and I had to spend about an hour this morning sweeping water towards the sump. I got it working again. The float doesn't want to trip the pump so Ive had to tie some fishing line to it to where I can trip it manually. I would've called off work today to replace it since it still saturated outside, but Ive got a ton of meetings and projects lined up for the whole week. Ill be able to breath again once that is fixed. Just wondering whats next. LOL. Gotta keep smiling tho, Im on the good side of the dirt and things could always be worse.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Very good outlook Dustin! Not to mention all the $$$$$ saved by doing it yourself.

Chad, Joy has never made a peach cobbler but I would bet it is good as the rest.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good outcome to frustrating stuff Dustin!

I'd repair the sump pump. If it is a float issue, switch issue, repair it.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Can't remember if I shared this or not. Things are getting a little excited around our house. This Friday Theresa and I will be welcoming a young man into our house. We will be hosting a foreign exchange student for the next 10 months. His name is Bene and he is coming from Germany. We are realm excited to have him come stay with us but we are a little nervous as well. It will be both refreshing and a little bittersweet to have a teenager around. We look forward to sharing our home and hopefully will get a great opportunity to build a life long bond with him. I hope to get him in the woods some and share my love for hunting. We will see though.

Buckmaster

Portage
In Germany only the Elite hunt. Its for the Rich and Privileged so don't take him out on Day 1 as he may find himself living false hope. :smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The wife is at 33 weeks and it's getting close. Seems like the weeks are flying by. Nursery is done, baby shower and hospital walk through this weekend. Jessica and baby are doing fine, all in all she's had a fairly easy pregnancy. It won't be long now and we'll have a baby boy gracing our lives. I can't wait!