Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truck Leveling

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Distinctive Tr7ck did my Chevy with a SuspensionMaxx torsion key and I was OTD for under $400 6 years ago with parts and labor.

ohio
Keys are the easiest way, on the newer chevys they have struts in the front pita!!! Dodge not so bad, still have to pull the coils and put spacers

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mike, are you getting fronts and rears? I read if your just leveling the front, the shocks are the way to go

I was just going to do the front. I'm leary of doing the back for little things, like parking garages or something. The truck has become the family vehicle because of the space inside and there are times when I find myself in the big city like Pittsburgh or C-Bus and need to use parking garages. Right now it fits, but barely.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
These are the wheels I'm looking at. They are 18mm offset. If you scroll down, there is a tab that has a pic of them on a white Ford and they look really nice. I guess I plan on putting my factory tires on them until I need to replace and then make a decision on tires at that point.
Let me know what you guys think of the wheels. Will they accomplish the look I want? The offset will bump them out a bit, right?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=2022985BMF&wheelMake=Ultra&wheelModel=Baron&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Ram+1500+Sport+4wd&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=Crew+Cab&filterFinish=Black&filterSize=20&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Any updates Mike? Don't tell us you scuttled the lift and went getto and had it lowered with a new subwoofer package.Rotflmao

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wheeling Tire gave me a quote of $300 for the leveling. I made a call to Dodge about warranty issues and they said it depends on the dealer. The dealer said just leveling shouldn't be an issue, but a lift would void warranty work.

So, I think I'm going to level it and stick with my stock 20" rims for now. I wasn't going any bigger than 20" anyway, and my rims are good enough in my opinion.
I'll get the front end lift and save my money for 33's when the time comes.

I was steered away from 35's by the installer because it could cause rubbing.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Wheeling Tire is where I bought my lift and wheels for my 93 Toyota back in the day and it was well worth the drive to get the Wheeling Feeling!

ohio
Wheeling Tire gave me a quote of $300 for the leveling. I made a call to Dodge about warranty issues and they said it depends on the dealer. The dealer said just leveling shouldn't be an issue, but a lift would void warranty work.

So, I think I'm going to level it and stick with my stock 20" rims for now. I wasn't going any bigger than 20" anyway, and my rims are good enough in my opinion.
I'll get the front end lift and save my money for 33's when the time comes.

I was steered away from 35's by the installer because it could cause rubbing.

I'll try to find it but there is a law that states aftermarket parts cannot void your factory warranty, it got passed several years ago and they had a big thing about it at the sema show

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I scheduled my appointment with Wheeling Tire to get the work done. I'll be getting the truck leveled on June 17th. As of right now, that is all I will be doing. I'll be sticking with my current wheels and tires until I need to buy new tires. Then I was thinking about bumping up a bit to 33's.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Here is mine as it sits, well minus the half doors cause its raining

Customer1K is that a 1992? 6" with 35's or 8" and 37's? Good looking ride min, love the half doors!

Cotty, here's the scoop. With a 2" level kit (stock dodge doesn't have a 2" rake like a ford or chevy does it? sits level stock no? If so, she's gonna look funny with 2" in the front when loaded, and the rear is lower), new wheels and tires, you're looking around $2-$3K, especially if you keep the 20's.

With a 2" "puck" coil spacer lift, you'll also want to add the spacers to the front shocks to keep them in the "normal" operating range, or get some extended ones (read here: longer stroke). There are a ton of ways of getting to where you want to go, but since it's a new truck and a family ride, do it right.......THE FIRST TIME!

Death wobble at highway speed (highly unlikely with a 2" leveler) is no fun. Keep in mind you'll want to take how you plan on using the truck in mind. Will brake lines be a limiting factor? Are you going to enjoy the ride if you keep the OEM shocks? BTW, a longer shock does not give you "lift". These are to "absorb" shock. When you get into something like C1000 has, they can be your limiting factor, or your bump stop, or your sway bar (if equipped), etc. Do the homework, and do it right the first time.......and next time buy a CHEVY!:smiley_clap:

Last edited: