Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tennessee Thunder 2019

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We are home. If anyone needs a good recommendation on a turkey hunt in Tennessee I can tell you where NOT to go. Beautiful turkey looking terrain. Absolutely void of wildlife....no turkeys, deer, songbirds....... We did see some grouse and the boys walked up on a young bear. But that's it. I didn't expect to kill a ton of birds but thought we would get to play with some.

Stay away from extreme NE Tennessee...specifically the "triangle" where Tn, Va and NC all meet.

Man that's shocking. You figure the area would be polluted with birds.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio

It looked great. Hardwood ridges and points. Big flats. Running water. Big open areas. Very thick brush. But there was nothing using it. We never saw a single track and we walked miles down a ridge on a horse/atv trail.

twireman

Kingston, OH

Man that echoes my brother and I’s youth hunt this weekend in Kentucky. We essentially had 8900 acres to ourself and heard one gobbler. ONE!!!
I logged 13.2 miles in 2 days. And this place looks like the cover of a dang field and stream catalog......

Reactions: Spencie

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man that echoes my brother and I’s youth hunt this weekend in Kentucky. We essentially had 8900 acres to ourself and heard one gobbler. ONE!!!
I logged 13.2 miles in 2 days. And this place looks like the cover of a dang field and stream catalog......

They better open those beaks by next weekend or I'm gonna be pissed.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Man thats crazy. That farm we hunt thats pretty close to virginia is loaded. My buddy got one today on the same logging road makes 3 birds to come off that road this year. He swears by those cell cams now. No pics the last week on it but last night they were on it before roost so he knew they were close.

Attachments

• 11582.jpeg
    11582.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 11584.jpeg
    11584.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 285

Creamer

Athens
I know this is way late, just seeing it, but if you go back to that Cherokee area there's killer fishing there in small streams for times you're not hunting. That area around Damascus and Backbone Rock is gorgeous. Trout-a-plenty in those creeks.