Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team MacDaddy

nis1

I was out yesterday evening with a buddy and my wife. We hunt in a lottery program for the first 5 weeks of season and try to put a few does in the freezer. No one saw a thing and the mosquitos were relentless. I’m going to try to get out Tuesday and Wednesday depending on how warm it’s gonna get. I keep watching the weather but things aren’t looking great right now.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was out yesterday evening with a buddy and my wife. We hunt in a lottery program for the first 5 weeks of season and try to put a few does in the freezer. No one saw a thing and the mosquitos were relentless. I’m going to try to get out Tuesday and Wednesday depending on how warm it’s gonna get. I keep watching the weather but things aren’t looking great right now.

Thermacell.... Works great for early season and those little buggers.....

nis1

Ah gotcha. When I first read it I was thinking out of state. Best of luck and I second the thermacell.
The thermacell is on the agenda for tonight. The bugs haven’t been bad in there the last couple seasons but we’ve gotten enough rain lately to apparently make a difference. Hoping for a doe tonight or Wednesday!

Since I’m not on here a w
1D32F6C1-D70D-4FCA-B1F0-F7DAEC81890A.jpeg

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Awesome bucks man, good luck! Oregon bow season is closed for October so I’m just fishing for now. November I’ll be chasing black tails, December I’ll be down in Georgia for whitetail and then January I’ll be in Arizona for mule deer.

nis1

Great lookin bucks there shwacker!

I went and pulled a card behind my house tonight and had an old beast step back into my life. I had this deer show up in early December last year and stay in the area. I always bait my backyard deer, run a camera to see what’s there, and generally never hunt it for whatever reason. I did keep a close eye on this buck though as he was mature and very unique but the sap sucker never showed his face in daylight on my property until March. As soon as his antlers dropped we were after them and were able to find his strong side which went 83”. There was a chunk of skull on the pedicle and it was apparent he had a pedicle infection when we found the antler so I had my concerns that infection may get him over the spring and summer or his future growth may be screwed up. He’s back and bigger than ever. Can’t tell what his right side is doing just yet but he’s definitely got some JUNK. The pics are of him last year, the shed, then him this year. I have high hopes that I’ll get better pics of him soon but that was all I had this camera pull. It’s also worth noting that this buck is in a super urban area and the pictures are from a property that is less than 5 acres.
STC_0211.JPG
IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG
IMG_4591.JPG

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Great lookin bucks there shwacker!

I went and pulled a card behind my house tonight and had an old beast step back into my life. I had this deer show up in early December last year and stay in the area. I always bait my backyard deer, run a camera to see what’s there, and generally never hunt it for whatever reason. I did keep a close eye on this buck though as he was mature and very unique but the sap sucker never showed his face in daylight on my property until March. As soon as his antlers dropped we were after them and were able to find his strong side which went 83”. There was a chunk of skull on the pedicle and it was apparent he had a pedicle infection when we found the antler so I had my concerns that infection may get him over the spring and summer or his future growth may be screwed up. He’s back and bigger than ever. Can’t tell what his right side is doing just yet but he’s definitely got some JUNK. The pics are of him last year, the shed, then him this year. I have high hopes that I’ll get better pics of him soon but that was all I had this camera pull. It’s also worth noting that this buck is in a super urban area and the pictures are from a property that is less than 5 acres.
View attachment 65625View attachment 65626
View attachment 65627View attachment 65628
Very nice! Good luck with him this year.