Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2021: Week of October 11-17, 2021

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
If anybody is interested in buying one $150 . I’m bringing one down to strouds. Plywood are 3/4 thick. Pretty good solid cornhole boards.
83D6E1C5-16BE-44AF-BBED-2DBD927EA7C2.jpeg
FD55F64F-4240-46DE-9C23-1EC082B9FEAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
For you guys that have these types of chairs, much like this one below, would you mind telling me what brand/manufacturer you have and would you recommend that particular one?

I'm in the market in upgrading my lounge chair for this upcoming event and any information you wish to share would be greatly appreciated before I decide to pull the trigger on one, thanks!

SmartSelect_20210916-160833_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This is the one I am looking at currently, which is a 'PHI VILLA Oversized XL Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair Wide Armrest'. I have looked at others, both higher end in price and then lower. This one is kind of in the middle of the road.

Again, I'd appreciate any input or suggests, thanks!

Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have the cabela‘s brand. Have had it since the second or third strouds event. No complaints yet. Well other than people acquiring it when I get up too get something 😂😂😂

Thanks "J"! I believe I might have been one of those that stolen your chair one time, or at least tried it out anyways. Nice chair! It's probably your fault as to why I wish to update my at least 20 year old one that I still have, which is alright, but I wish to have the Cadillac version nowadays because I have a strong feeling that I'll be melting into this new chair this year @strouds, with a nice cold beer keg right next to me, which is what I'm kinda shooting for anyhow.

I did check them out and they are currently on sale, $89.97, marked down from the MSRP of $114.99. Not a bad deal I'd say!

Thanks again "J" !

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks "J"! I believe I might have been one of those that stolen your chair one time, or at least tried it out anyways. Nice chair! It's probably your fault as to why I wish to update my at least 20 year old one that I still have, which is alright, but I wish to have the Cadillac version nowadays because I have a strong feeling that I'll be melting into this new chair this year @strouds, with a nice cold beer keg right next to me, which is what I'm kinda shooting for anyhow.

I did check them out and they are currently on sale, $89.97, marked down from the MSRP of $114.99. Not a bad deal I'd say!

Thanks again "J" !
And you might get free shipping also. If you haven’t checked, look for their military discount as well.

Reactions: Wildlife

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
For you guys that have these types of chairs, much like this one below, would you mind telling me what brand/manufacturer you have and would you recommend that particular one?

I'm in the market in upgrading my lounge chair for this upcoming event and any information you wish to share would be greatly appreciated before I decide to pull the trigger on one, thanks!

View attachment 135527
This is the one I am looking at currently, which is a 'PHI VILLA Oversized XL Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair Wide Armrest'. I have looked at others, both higher end in price and then lower. This one is kind of in the middle of the road.

Again, I'd appreciate any input or suggests, thanks!
Lafuma is the original and probably the best, but they costs more

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
We have 2 from Menards. 2 years old & so far, so good

True story...

First, I appreciate the info Issac, thanks!

But,,,

to be very honest with you, I scratched Menards off my list as far as a supply stores goes last year, and ever doing business with them ever again. That decision came about when I tried to walk into their place last summer and not one, but two of their employees basically jumped me, nearly grabbing me immediately and made a huge ruckus scene about me not wearing a mask in front of many others that were shopping, going in and out of the store. It was hotter than hell out that day and there was absolutely no way I was going to wear a stupid mask. They truly pissed me off, so, I stopped doing business with them right then and there, and never went back. I walked out while sharing some of my thoughts quite loudly.

Most all the other supply stores in town at the same time did not require any masks, but apparently, Menards keep pushing the fear propaganda crap full steam ahead, so, they completely rubbed me totally the wrong way, nearly quite literally almost, and I just said, screw'em. They'll never see another dollar out of me ever again.

That's too bad because that supply store is the second closets one to me, but I am more than okay today driving the extra miles so I don't have be harassed or put up with that kind of BS ever again.

That was right here in Chillicothe, and quite frankly, I've been very deliberate in my business choosing and/or sensitive ever since then of who is pushing the CV mask wearing BS, and I choose wisely where to spend my money nowadays, and it's generally with those businesses that fully support freedom of choice.

However, there doesn't seem to be any healthcare provider in the area, as of yet anyways, such as my eye doctor quite recently, that allows you to enter their place of business without a freaking mask. That is a tough one for me because I do like my eye doctor, so, I did make the exception in that case about three weeks ago. It still sucks thoroughly though, IMO.

I am much happier in making those kinds of choices in my life today, where I wish to spend my money. Hopefully that train of thought will catch on with many, many others.

I hope you understand and again, I do truly appreciate your sharing, thanks!

Last edited: