Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stark County late season GIANT!!!!!!!!

BobbieB123

image.jpg

BobbieB123

This is the shed buck, notice 3rd antler between main beams and bulge on left beam where claw is this year, look at at ends of left beam and then look at shed. This pic taken within 300 yards of found sheds

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And people speculate yes. Sometimes for no reason. And by people across the state who have no knowledge of the deer. But in this case, there are locals who know this deer. And holes in the story (or lack there of). So I'm simply stating my opinion and that of other locals. So you non locals know a better understanding on the "NON STORY" there is behind a 250"+ buck the last week of season.
As Brock stated, he would want a wo officer to walk with him. As we would all just to stop rumors. But more importantly, as a hunter there is NO CHANCE IN HELL you can shoot a buck like this and not blab the story to someone. Its impossible. Unless, there's holes or you want him kept quiet for a reason.
I'm under the impression had his friend not posted his pic all over Facebook, NOONE would know of this deer. And as a hunter who can't wait to tell my friends family and fellow hunters of a "big" 150" deer, I can't imagine a circumstance I could/would want to keep this deer quiet. (Mostly because A LOT of people know of this deer).
Also, his buddy bragged in the initial Facebook post stating his friend is going to go viral because of this buck, but to date, not a peep. Why? Who brags of going viral from a deer then has all these rumors following said deer and doesn't tell the story of him? And not to a magazine or Facebook, but to local hunting buddies of his just to prove the validity of a deer that a lot of people are questioning.?

How do you know he isn't talking? How do you know he didn't have the WO with him when he tagged it? How do you know he isn't in negotiations with Cabelas or some other big name money and this is why he isn't talking? How do you know he isn't talking simply because he knows EVERY word he says will be scrutinized by jealous people?

Look guys, I completely see where you are coming from. Nobody is arguing this. BUT. . . I know nothing of the guy. I am not throwing some guy under the bus who I know nothing about. I am not jumping on the "hang him" band wagon. I am not ruining some guy's reputation because two people show up out of freaking nowhere to discredit the hunter and the deer.

On the other hand. . . Should this hunter and deer kill turn out to be illegal? Let the bastard hang. Until then, I'm not calling him guilty. Does it sound suspicious? Yep. Does it mean he did anything wrong? Nope.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is the shed buck, notice 3rd antler between main beams and bulge on left beam where claw is this year, look at at ends of left beam and then look at shed. This pic taken within 300 yards of found sheds

Who ended up with the sheds?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
And people speculate yes. Sometimes for no reason. And by people across the state who have no knowledge of the deer. But in this case, there are locals who know this deer. And holes in the story (or lack there of). So I'm simply stating my opinion and that of other locals. So you non locals know a better understanding on the "NON STORY" there is behind a 250"+ buck the last week of season.
As Brock stated, he would want a wo officer to walk with him. As we would all just to stop rumors. But more importantly, as a hunter there is NO CHANCE IN HELL you can shoot a buck like this and not blab the story to someone. Its impossible. Unless, there's holes or you want him kept quiet for a reason.
I'm under the impression had his friend not posted his pic all over Facebook, NOONE would know of this deer. And as a hunter who can't wait to tell my friends family and fellow hunters of a "big" 150" deer, I can't imagine a circumstance I could/would want to keep this deer quiet. (Mostly because A LOT of people know of this deer).
Also, his buddy bragged in the initial Facebook post stating his friend is going to go viral because of this buck, but to date, not a peep. Why? Who brags of going viral from a deer then has all these rumors following said deer and doesn't tell the story of him? And not to a magazine or Facebook, but to local hunting buddies of his just to prove the validity of a deer that a lot of people are questioning.?
You must be one of the few who tell everyone about a big deer that you see or have on camera. Not me, I only show a select few, and I don't post pics on Facebook anymore. I can't blame the guy for keeping his mouth shut. Until he's proven guilty, this is nothing but speculation. And there is an introduction thread on this forum if you two ever feel like introducing yourselves.

alphatail

OK, I am NOT saying he did anything wrong. I'm simply pointing out the flaws in the original story and speculating my own local opinion on the rest. That's all. I'm giving info that "YOU GUYS " asked for in the beginning of the thread. Although I'm not giving exact street names and a location I'm trying to give info surrounding the deer and what a local vibe of this deer is giving off. That's all. Take it as you wish and form your own opinion.

BobbieB123

All I have to say is that this is an interesting example of certain aspect of human psychology. Sort of like the guy on the grassy knoll shot Kennedy when people said there has to be more to the story. People couldn't accept the the fact that Kennedy was shot from the Dallas public library. It's just a deer folks. Imagine eating a steak outta the this big fella. Not the best but healthy for you nonetheless. Think about what gets lost in all of this. To make money from Cabellas? Or to keep warm from his hide or nutrition from his meat. My buddy and I enjoyed many cold Yuenglings out on my front porch this summer discussing him... Where was he at, was he still alive, who was he hanging out with, how much did he grow, that's what it was about, not money or bragging rights

BobbieB123

People make up a conspiracy when there is no conspiracy, the deer was most likely shot legally and it was a free range deer. People can't accept that perhaps, get my drift?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why would the WO want or need to determine his home range?

Wouldn't that prove he was poached? That is what you guys came on here to tell us. Here is what I heard: "We saw him at the park all the time. He was allegedly shot outside the park. Must have been poached." That is what you are giving us. Why would we believe that anymore than the WO? This is all speculation. Besides that, if your buddy picked up the sheds from the park, maybe the WO or park officers would like to know about it.

alphatail

No. No one is saying it was poached. The deer has been seen 1. In a very city limits area where deer are commonly seen. 2. A couple roads just north of that. Maybe a half mile or so. ( that I know of).
The story was this deer was killed 3-4 miles south of there.(where he has lived his whole life). And I personally live on the said road he was killed. He was not killed on my road.

That's all that's said. This deer could be legally killed. I hope so. But the story doesn't add up where it was ssid to be killed. That's all that's been said. Just giving info pertaining to this deer's story. I nor Bobbie(I don't think) are here to say the deer was poached. Were just sharing local thoughts, pictures and opinions as well as a history over years with said deer.
I think most including me want this to be a legit kill. And I don't need an exact coordinate of a spot, but don't lie and say it was 3-4 miles away on my road when I KNOW it was not. And locals know where this deer hangs out. That's all.

alphatail

And hicks, not in a park. A city limits area where deer are commonly watched.
Here's order of what I'm saying.
1.Deer shot. Story claims shot on x road 3-4 miles south of town.(my road)

2. Day before deer shot, hunter who killed deer had a friend who spotted and posted on fb that he saw this buck with the hunters brother in this city limit area.3-4 miles away from where it was said to be shot a day later.

3. Trail can pics came flying out of this deer just north of the main city limits area this deer has been seen at.

4. I posted to point out the obvious lie that this deer was not killed on my road. Or by it. Then added my opinion that there are fishy things about this deer. Never said he poached it. Just that the story does not make sense to the people who know this deer.

alphatail

And to my knowledge. The TC pics of him would put him out of city limits. He may have been shot there. If so GREAT! But this deer was not killed where it was originally said 3-4 miles away from that area.