Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remington 770

epe

Lancaster
I sold the wife on it last night, so it's go time! I need to peddle a few toys to make it happen, but it seemed like a better investment in the long run...

If are looking to go the used route let me know, I can have dad look around for one. He goes to about 4 gun shows a month..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
A grand? Sure. You can spend a couple grand if you want. $500-1000 is a big ballpark. Seems like where most of the AR's fall into place. $500 would be a heckuva deal of course. Good luck Jesse. They are fun guns! I would recommend going with the flat top receiver. Stay away from one with a fixed carry handle if possible. Limits the scope mounting options and makes it tougher to use with scope. Feels a little awkward. Trust me, this is how mine is setup. M4 flattop would be my number 1 suggestion. Most brands anymore are pretty decent though. Can't think of any I would necessarily run away from.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Who said I was lying? LOL

lol. Ok maybe lying wasn't the best term. Deep down, when I make a "deal" like that, I know that it's a lost cause... I talk big when I want something new, but I have one hell of a time selling my other hunting gear when push comes to shove. These days, when I start telling my wife my grand plan to make a purchase, she just cuts me off and says, "Just go frickin buy it... Save your breath." lmao Of course, I know she doesn't really want me to... she just knows I'm talking out of my ass. haha lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
At least you're honest about it Jim. lol

I just sort of order it if I want it. When the package gets here, I give my wife that ornery grin and mockingly scold her "What did you order this time? Were you expecting a package?" Then I pick it up, act surprised, and say "Huh? I don't remember ordering this." She knows I am full of crap, but I can't help myself but to play that same conversation over and over whenever I order something. Just the ornery side of me I guess. On the flip side, I don't say squat if my wife wants to order something. Thank goodness she does not have expensive hobbies. lmao

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
LOL, nice work Jesse! But now you can't hunt PA this coming year!!

Good to hear ya passed on the 770 though, definitely go with the 700 when you look to buy a bolt gun next go round. I love mine in 30-06.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
At least you're honest about it Jim. lol

I just sort of order it if I want it. When the package gets here, I give my wife that ornery grin and mockingly scold her "What did you order this time? Were you expecting a package?" Then I pick it up, act surprised, and say "Huh? I don't remember ordering this." She knows I am full of crap, but I can't help myself but to play that same conversation over and over whenever I order something. Just the ornery side of me I guess. On the flip side, I don't say squat if my wife wants to order something. Thank goodness she does not have expensive hobbies. lmao

That's some funny shit, Phil. :)

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
One of my biggest worries is if I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid from them.