Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Well our meat run for the year went well last week. Blue cats were not hard to find and we had a ball. After having a fish fry for a party of 15 in the campground, we brought home 138lbs of trimmed filets. Man what a blast.
1000015250.jpg
1000015258.jpg
1000015249.jpg
1000015260.jpg
1000015254.jpg
1000015257.jpg
1000015252.jpg
1000015244.jpg
1000015267.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Reactions: TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Ultrex or fortrex? 150 on the back? What’d you end up going with for electronics?
Ultrex, I NEEDED to have the spot lock and I pilot- worth every single penny thus far. I’m currently running the stock 5” lowrance graphs that were already on it, but planning to run all Garmin electronics on it. 126sv on the front, and with the console being somewhat small I’ll put the 93sv there. Still need to figure out if I am going to run a separate lithium battery for those but we will see. Boat is only rated for a max 75hp do that’s what i got. Had it topped out with 2 guys and all the gear with 3/4 tank of fuel and was around 39mph, and i don’t really have the need to go much faster than that considering how dumb i am lol.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
View attachment 194006The 126 is sweet! You will love it!
Love to hear it! Plan is Panoptix/ live scope down the road. I’ve found that FFS is super helpful when chasing muskie, but I’m sure it’ll be helpful for literally everything Even if it’s just looking for drop offs, weed edges, etc. Garmin vs Lowrance in my opinion is no contest in that regard, and it seems like Garmin‘s standard maps are better as well.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ultrex, I NEEDED to have the spot lock and I pilot- worth every single penny thus far. I’m currently running the stock 5” lowrance graphs that were already on it, but planning to run all Garmin electronics on it. 126sv on the front, and with the console being somewhat small I’ll put the 93sv there. Still need to figure out if I am going to run a separate lithium battery for those but we will see. Boat is only rated for a max 75hp do that’s what i got. Had it topped out with 2 guys and all the gear with 3/4 tank of fuel and was around 39mph, and i don’t really have the need to go much faster than that considering how dumb i am lol.
The ultrex is a nice add to upgrade too. Spot lock is a game changer. The ability to stay put while landing a fish or retying is really nice. If my Motorguide ever dies I’m upgrading.

Reactions: TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
After spending a ton of time in friends boats that had it, I knew i would want/ need it. We fishing St. Clair yesterday on a shitty wind, and that spot lock held us dead nuts just off of a rock pile. Without it we would’ve been limited to just fishing in the marina for largemouth.

Reactions: Isaacorps

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Are you running lithiums for the trolling motor?