Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Did you serve that up for me to call turkeys stupid? Because it sure feels like you're trying to get me to make fun of turkeys. I ain't gonna do it though. No longer wasting my time to talk about how fuggen stupid they are. You aint gonna bait me in that easy. 🤣
🤣 Maybe some but I did write a paper on turkeys back in college and weather is a huge factor in their survivability. Everything from it affecting nesting to feeding and reaching food through ice and snow to the fact they roost in trees even in an ice storm.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and giles

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
FB_IMG_1643943482380.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Update. Heavy snowfall now probably close to the rate of an inch an hour here in east guernsey. Still no power and on the third tank of fuel for the genny… working on hour 12 with no power. Just drove the neighborhood and it doesn’t look like anything is going to get done anytime soon… I’m thinking best scenario we gain power late late tonight if not it may not be until tomorrow or sunday

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Update. Heavy snowfall now probably close to the rate of an inch an hour here in east guernsey. Still no power and on the third tank of fuel for the genny… working on hour 12 with no power. Just drove the neighborhood and it doesn’t look like anything is going to get done anytime soon… I’m thinking best scenario we gain power late late tonight if not it may not be until tomorrow or subday
Fingers crossed its sooner than that.

Bowkills

Nw oh
5inches was my guess for here, news said 7 it all blows away at my house. 1 to 3 ft drifts here and there or dirt and grass showing. Im going to shovel two steps and drive over the rest. My county got skipped somehow vs all the surronding area....very odd storm...

• Wow
Reactions: hickslawns

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Chance, sorry to hear this! I’m surprised we haven’t lost power yet either as if anyone loses it in our tri-state area it’s our 120 family cluster…🙄

Reactions: Chancegriffis
Thawing out the impeller area of my snow blower currently... Auger shear pins are fine. I did hit some ice chunks out by the road last night. Hard to tell where the last storms remnants come up to the current storms deposits... So now I get to replace the missing 2 impeller shear pins. The one I found when it quit was a hardened 3/16ths bolt and lock washer with a saw cut half way through. When it came out I was just moving snow. I would bet whoever (not me) fixed it the first time had no shear bolts and only replaced the one. They probably never knew there was a second one. I guess I should be thankful I was 90% done blowing when it went and that the person who fixed it the last time was smart enough to weaken the bolt!

I'm guessing we got about 16-18" of snow this go round.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thawing out the impeller area of my snow blower currently... Auger shear pins are fine. I did hit some ice chunks out by the road last night. Hard to tell where the last storms remnants come up to the current storms deposits... So now I get to replace the missing 2 impeller shear pins. The one I found when it quit was a hardened 3/16ths bolt and lock washer with a saw cut half way through. When it came out I was just moving snow. I would bet whoever (not me) fixed it the first time had no shear bolts and only replaced the one. They probably never knew there was a second one. I guess I should be thankful I was 90% done blowing when it went and that the person who fixed it the last time was smart enough to weaken the bolt!

I'm guessing we got about 16-18" of snow this go round.

I've gone through 4 pins so far on our gravel drive, I feel ure pain 🤣

Snowblower is repaired now it's time to finish up the blowing, then get to work on what I was going to be doing for a living at 8:30 this morning by starting at 3pm. Hey! I'm working a double shift and getting paid nothing!

My son and the other renters in his complex learned a tough lesson this winter. They paid the cheapest snow removal business quoted for the entire year. Their greed in thinking they would be screwing the plow boys due to a light winter last year are still waiting for their first plow out! I told them pay by the plow not for the season. But they wouldn't listen. I also told them Cheech and Chong Snow Removal might not be the best choice, but if the 4 of you renters save 20 bucks each with Cheech and Chong...

Incidentally, Cheech and Chong Snow Removal is doing a neighbor's drive way also! He pays by the plow. They show up like clock work after every 3" and my neighbor has been plowed out 6 times in the last 2 days. sad thing is he doesn't even drive anymore... They are nothing if not crafty!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had to break out my snow blower last night too. Just for my driveway though. Mainly because I didn't have anywhere to plow the snow. Four plow trucks and no room to maneuver. 🤣

On the plus side: no gravel in the grass from the plow. No major piles that melt slowly. And the wife made it out this morning just fine.