Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

POR15

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm about to pull out the POR15 today. Had to replace factory hitch on my 06 Dodge 3500. What a pain. It slides over the frame at the factory and then they set the bed on top of it. Stupid design. It is off now. Going to hit with POR15 before mounting new hitch.

No matter how big a pain, I'm glad I pulled it. The more I took it apart, the more it crumbled. Definitely a safety issue. The new 18,000# hitch will die with the truck. 😁

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Poor me after the POR15. Laying under a truck to apply to the frame (and any rust spots on underside of body sucks. If it drops in your pit and you don't notice it right away. . . Let's just say the paint thinner to the pit is not something I would recommend. Got very little paint off. Scrubbed a lot. Either rubbed my out raw or have a minor chemical burn from it. This sucks. But. . . Should be able to put the new receiver on now. And now I'll let out the least enthusiastic "woo-hoo" ever.

For those still considering using POR15- it really is great but the consistency is extremely thin. Prone to runs and drips. Therefore if you are sweaty you may not realize you dropped it on yourself. Ugh.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Poor me after the POR15. Laying under a truck to apply to the frame (and any rust spots on underside of body sucks. If it drops in your pit and you don't notice it right away. . . Let's just say the paint thinner to the pit is not something I would recommend. Got very little paint off. Scrubbed a lot. Either rubbed my out raw or have a minor chemical burn from it. This sucks. But. . . Should be able to put the new receiver on now. And now I'll let out the least enthusiastic "woo-hoo" ever.

For those still considering using POR15- it really is great but the consistency is extremely thin. Prone to runs and drips. Therefore if you are sweaty you may not realize you dropped it on yourself. Ugh.
Tyvec suit works wonders when using that stuff.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do you have any idea how expensive those are? 🤣
Took the words right out of my mouth. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know you were poking me there. @"J" I don't think they were chemical burns. Roughly 20hrs later I am thinking I simply rubbed my pit raw trying to get the paint off. Guess that stuff is going to wear off on its own time now. 🤦🏻‍♂️