Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Damn, makes me want to pull them out of school!

Actually did a little creek fishing tonight. Kody hooked into a solid 2 lb smallie and we didn’t get it landed. I slipped on the bank and busted my ass...that ended up being the highlight. Bummer because it really was a solid fish.
It's about time for the brown tanks to start really feeding. Keep at it man, you guys will get another shot at a toad.

Creamer

Athens
I'm late to the game, but here's some catches from this muddy water-filled miserable year of fishing. These were all caught on fly gear.

There's a pond I get to fish a time or two a year loaded with fat bluegill. I love this place.

PB green bass on a fly, 22.5".

1wt surprise. For those not in the know, a 1wt is like the fly fishing world's version of a super UL rig.

PB redear from SC.

Coppernose bluegill in SC have awesome coloration and markings.

IMO, prettiest fish in the state: longear sunfish. Caught this one in a little ditch that I doubt sees more than an angler or two a year.

When you break off, then catch the fish 10 minutes later and get your fly back.

Bad carp year for me.

Fat river smallie on my lunch break.

Surprise channel cat when I was targeting carp.

Small stream brown bass.

Utah rainbow.

Utah brookie.

Lunch break reef donkey.

Tennessee mountain stream rainbow.

Ohio pellethead stocker bow.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Who targets carp with fishing tackle? 😂

Done it many times as the lakes here are full of them and they put up a hell of a fight. Most abundant hard fighting fish in Ohio. Hard runs pulling drag, jumping, and always get a second wind at the bank. Reminds me of inshore red fishing on the gulf just with shit fish. Lol.

Reactions: Creamer

Creamer

Athens
Done it many times as the lakes here are full of them and they put up a hell of a fight. Most abundant hard fighting fish in Ohio. Hard runs pulling drag, jumping, and always get a second wind at the bank. Reminds me of inshore red fishing on the gulf just with shit fish. Lol.

Exactly!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Redfish? Oh yea, saltwater suckers! Now I remember [emoji14]

Reactions: giles

Big H

Medina
My wife and I went fishing in Florida last Friday morning. This is our second trip with Ryan of Fin Crazy Charters, and he has put us on fish both times. Plus he is fun to fish with, good guy.

Attachments

• Florida 2018.jpg
    Florida 2018.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 380