Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mice...

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
But she'll blame me because they got into my deer corn and acorns. Thats her mentality, if she can blame someone she will .LOL

But, reality is, mice like a warm house to sleep in and this is the time of year that they show up. They get in my house and eat the dog food which is kept in the basement. Tried keeping it on the porch, but that just attracted coons, so I deal with the mice.

hunna771

I found another mouse as stated earlier, and he has not gotten caught. Here's the kicker, he is in the ceiling. I could hear him about my room near the smoke alarm, and then i followed him into the bathroom and he sounded like he was near the heater/vent in the ceiling. I plan on buying a dozen classic rat traps, the duct tape trap, sticky/ glue traps and the bucket trap. This mouse will not get away with this.... This isn't a game anymore. This will get interesting.

badger

*Supporting Member*
TF has made some crazy looking rat traps.

I remember those!

Hunna, my buddy was catching mice in his garage with a bucket of water. He filled a five gallon bucket a little less then half full of water and dumped some corn in there to cover the water. He put a ramp for the mice to get to the top of the bucket. They would jump into what looks like a bucket of corn and then drown.

hunna771

Update: I have 4 traditional traps out armed with corn+peanut butter, 1 bucket in my garage half filled with water and some corn, and 11 glue traps. I already caught another one with one of the glue traps. I checked the attic and there is trails in the insulation everywhere. i have a trap in front of almost all of their paths... i'll check it in the morning... :smiley_chinrub: At this point, i think the mice are winning...

badger

*Supporting Member*
Update: I have 4 traditional traps out armed with corn+peanut butter, 1 bucket in my garage half filled with water and some corn, and 11 glue traps. I already caught another one with one of the glue traps. I checked the attic and there is trails in the insulation everywhere. i have a trap in front of almost all of their paths... i'll check it in the morning... :smiley_chinrub: At this point, i think the mice are winning...

Never concede defeat! The battle has just begun, and you have casualties for your efforts!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I can almost see Hunter sneakin' around the garage like Elmer Fudd with a pellet gun checking his traps!
Or Bill Murray on his quest to kill the Gopher.rotflmao

hunna771

Checked my conventional traps in the garage and caught 2 through out the night. Yesterday i didn't take a pic, but i caught 1 with a glue trap in my garage. Then, up in the attic i had 2 glue traps setup. 1 was missing, and 1 fell into the insulation....:smiley_boos: So, i set 3 sticky traps in the garage, and 2 reg traps, and 11 glue traps in the attic. Nothing in the attic this morning... I hope i got them all. I am at a total of 5 mice ATM...:smiley_bril:

1207120632a[1].jpg1207120632[1].jpg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Checked my conventional traps in the garage and caught 2 through out the night. Yesterday i didn't take a pic, but i caught 1 with a glue trap in my garage. Then, up in the attic i had 2 glue traps setup. 1 was missing, and 1 fell into the insulation....:smiley_boos: So, i set 3 sticky traps in the garage, and 2 reg traps, and 11 glue traps in the attic. Nothing in the attic this morning... I hope i got them all. I am at a total of 5 mice ATM...:smiley_bril:

View attachment 11794View attachment 11795

When that happens to me, its usually because its something bigger than a mouse. Chipmunk or a nasty red-squirrel. ( In my case over the years.)

I have enjoyed your thread!:smiley_clap:

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How many more do you think there are? A family is about 4 mice isnt it...? :tantrum:

When I we moved in to my house after living with the gf for about 6 months I heard one in the dogs food bowl. I watched where he went and set a trap. I caught 4 before going to bed. One every 30 min. I got 7 total in the house then I got 9 out of the garage. Keep after them until the traps stay empty for a week.