Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mice...

hunna771

Milo- I took 2 old arrows, put some peanut butter on them and made a ramp up to the top... put some corn inside too. MUAHAHAHA! This will make some good close range practice with my recurve...:smiley_clap:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have also killed 3 in one night in the garage w/ one of the girls Red Rider BB guns.

Maybe scaled down Dead fall...

badger

*Supporting Member*
Hey Hunna, here's something I played with out of boredom. It's a live trap for mice. Yes I agree, there's no reason to catch them alive, but it was fun!:smiley_coolpeace:

Yes it does work!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Holy shit, Dale... That is simply brilliant!!! If I ever get the urge to do some bass fishing with live topwaters I will be making a few of those traps!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Back when I lived in FL, there was a local guy black-balled from the Bass fishing tournaments. As the story goes, he would take mice he live trapped and tie a string around the mouse's waist with a treble hook tied to it and then to his fish pole. He would then put the rigged up mouse on a small 2 x 4 and float it over a lunker Bass. When it was in just the right position, he would pull the mouse off the 2 x 4 into the water and wait for the bass to strike... Seems the local tournament folks thought it was cruel and un-sportsman like.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
A paint stir also works on the 5 gal bucket. Balance it over the bucket and another object..... so the mouse will walk the plank and his weight will drop him in the bucket.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That was funny!

ZJ and I had been gone all day and when we got home, Rick was showing a crossbow to someone.
Rick was getting ready to walk the guy to his car when he whispered to me that there was a chipmunk loose in the house, but not to worry as it was fugged up. At the time, I had no clue what that meant and wasn't thrilled about being left alone in the house with a live chipmunk.

I sat ZJ in the recliner and I sat on the computer chair to keep an eye out for this chipmunk. Rick finally came back in the house and asked if I had seen it. Just about that time, the stinking thing came out from behind the TV, which was about 3 feet from me.

I ran and jumped up on ZJ's lap in the recliner while Rick finished it off. (I guess he had smacked it earlier but wasn't able to kill it, so it was roaming the house in a dazed state.)

When I decided it was safe to get up and quit squishing Z, Z said to me, "This is retarded Mom. You deer hunt, but you're afraid of a little chipmunk?"

I think the boy is getting a bit too big for his britches! lmao

This is why the guns are locked-up..............rotflmao

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Now I'm definetly not going too piss you off...... rotflmao

J, I'd be more afraid of the bowling ball! LOL

I dropped it off the front porch onto the snake (this was before the gun idea) and it didn't kill it, but it kinked it's neck. When that snake came back out a few hours later with it's neck/head still kinked in a weird position, it was about the funniest thing I ever saw! lmao

I did finally shoot it, but Rick only let me use the .22 single shot on it, rather than the .357. :smiley_confused_vra

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, I'd be more afraid of the bowling ball! LOL

I dropped it off the front porch onto the snake (this was before the gun idea) and it didn't kill it, but it kinked it's neck. When that snake came back out a few hours later with it's neck/head still kinked in a weird position, it was about the funniest thing I ever saw! lmao

I did finally shoot it, but Rick only let me use the .22 single shot on it, rather than the .357. :smiley_confused_vra

At this point any object around you would make me nervous....... :smiley_blackeye: lmao

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
At this point any object around you would make me nervous....... :smiley_blackeye: lmao

I'm harmless unless you are a mouse, snake or spider! Oh yea, or a raccoon or a possum......... :smiley_coolpeace: