Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for Dozer Help

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That one is about right for the age in a 2wd machine with open cab. The JD name is the best thing going for that machine. Here is the problem with backhoes anymore: Everyone is going to mini excavators or full sized excavators. Unless you really need to move dirt from point A to point B on a job site with regularity, the wheeled loaders are losing their appeal. Lots of guys buying 2speed skid loaders to do the same job now as well. I worked side by side with a 4x4 JD 310SG this summer on a street project for a day. I was running our 2sp skid loader and we had to drive about a block and a half to backfill between the street and freshly poured side walks. I out performed the backhoe. I am afraid the backhoe is a dying breed. They have their place, but are not used nearly as much as they used to be. The upside to this is with the cost of them new and with fewer being built, the older ones will retain their value a bit more.

Last edited:

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
This is me building a big pond last summer. This was all woods until we moved in and took over....
0826101514a.jpg0826101512a.jpg