Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not much activity ....

20221003_142911.jpg

Disclaimer : Bought new freezer yesterday, so after Strouds, I'm gonna pop a few does.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I’m in. Watching the clover and alfalfa fields close to the house. Easy in and easy out unless occupied. Same stand my dad killed Clubhead from last year. Bully and 9.5 (120” 5 year old) use this area a good bit. 9.5 needs taken out for sure but I won’t do it until at least gun season. He truly needs his butt kicked by somebody.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Last hunt before I give myself a break for a few days. Same public as the last 2 hunts. Moved in real close to what appears to be a producing oak, in between two big trail intersections. My dumb ass packed in my saddle, sticks, platform, folding stool and butt pad because I wasn’t sure where I was gonna end up. Sitting on the ground now with a fatigued back lol. Wind is supposed to be NE, but is currently doing whatever it wants. I believe I walked through every single briar patch on the way in, mosquitoes are out in full force and it also smells like there is something dead nearby so I am really happy I decided to hike a 3/4 mile in here instead of drinking beer at home. Good luck to anyone else out

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Last hunt before I give myself a break for a few days. Same public as the last 2 hunts. Moved in real close to what appears to be a producing oak, in between two big trail intersections. My dumb ass packed in my saddle, sticks, platform, folding stool and butt pad because I wasn’t sure where I was gonna end up. Sitting on the ground now with a fatigued back lol. Wind is supposed to be NE, but is currently doing whatever it wants. I believe I walked through every single briar patch on the way in, mosquitoes are out in full force and it also smells like there is something dead nearby so I am really happy I decided to hike a 3/4 mile in here instead of drinking beer at home. Good luck to anyone else out
You might try to figure out where that dead smell is coming from while you’re sitting there. Where’s the nearest water source and how strong the smell is versus different wind directions so you can investigate on way out or tomorrow midday. I’d hate to be hunting with my target buck laying dead nearby. 😳

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
You might try to figure out where that dead smell is coming from while you’re sitting there. Where’s the nearest water source and how strong the smell is versus different wind directions so you can investigate on way out or tomorrow midday. I’d hate to be hunting with my target buck laying dead nearby. 😳
The smell is definitely to my south, which there is a creek that runs the property line, but I just walked down it yesterday and didn’t see anything, not that I was necessarily looking either. Good call.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
East wind up here. I hung a new set at the south end of the farm to take advantage of it… Hoping for a doe tonight. Hung a millennium M7, which I love for packing in and out, but it’s not very forgiving in odd shaped trees. Took me a lot longer to get it right than I was expecting. But overall I’m happy with this spot so far.