Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw nothing in this stand last night. Yesterday a decent buck cruised thru here in the morning. I'm hoping he repeats. Or maybe I'll see nothing again and I am doubling down on dumb. Either way, beautiful morning. Great way to start the day. Good luck Gents.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw nothing in this stand last night. Yesterday a decent buck cruised thru here in the morning. I'm hoping he repeats. Or maybe I'll see nothing again and I am doubling down on dumb. Either way, beautiful morning. Great way to start the day. Good luck Gents.
I was just thinking the same thing. There’s not another place I’d rather be right now. Just a perfect morning to chase Midwestern whitetails.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Morning set has been slow since yesterday. Just one antlerless then @9 and today, nanny doe w/ her twins right off the bat. Virtually no north wind and everything is quiet and still. Seen another good buck on the way here about 3 miles away.

Good luck this mornin to those huntin!

Edit:

Just discovered a brand new deer scrape right in front of me @12yrds. Had to have been made since I left yesterday @11:30 a.m.

The other one nearest to the corn was cleaned up and refreshed as well since yesterday, plus slightly bigger.

20211027_083952.jpg

20211027_085005.jpg

Last edited:

Bowkills

Nw oh
20211027_073304.jpg
1st frost of the year and no live from the stand picture perfect morning pics snapped to make everyone wish they were hunting....what gives?

Reactions: 5Cent
View attachment 1385561st frost of the year and no live from the stand picture perfect morning pics snapped to make everyone wish they were hunting....what gives?
My gosh I was wondering what the heck you found in your blind!!! Thought maybe some teenagers got in it and left you something behind, til I read what was under the pic!! :ROFLMAO:

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
No real good stand pictures of this deer as they’ve been chasing all morning but I just passed up this guy at 8 yards. I’m in the big tree directly behind this deers head. Took a nice video of him! Just an FYI… I never thought I’d be passing deer over 130/140 inches to shoot a bigger one😂

Attachments

• ECAE70D5-EF24-4AE4-AE25-9A5474B9B4D6.jpeg
    ECAE70D5-EF24-4AE4-AE25-9A5474B9B4D6.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 5D5AFD10-BDA3-4AA0-8910-19ABE0108300.jpeg
    5D5AFD10-BDA3-4AA0-8910-19ABE0108300.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 139

AH2319

Western PA
No real good stand pictures of this deer as they’ve been chasing all morning but I just passed up this guy at 8 yards. I’m in the big tree directly behind this deers head. Took a nice video of him! Just an FYI… I never thought I’d be passing deer over 130/140 inches to shoot a bigger one😂
Beautiful buck! Hopefully oak strolls by soon, he is one worth the wait!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Morning set has been slow since yesterday. Just one antlerless then @9 and today, nanny doe w/ her twins right off the bat. Virtually no north wind and everything is quiet and still. Seen another good buck on the way here about 3 miles away.

Good luck this mornin to those huntin!

Edit:

Just discovered a brand new deer scrape right in front of me @12yrds. Had to have been made since I left yesterday @11:30 a.m.

The other one nearest to the corn was cleaned up and refreshed as well since yesterday, plus slightly bigger.

View attachment 138557
View attachment 138559

Well,,, I'll be getting down earlier than normal cause it sounds like the neighbor has a tree crew doing some major work on his property, right on the other side of the beanfield. Their running multiple pieces of heavy equipment, including something that sounds like it has a big jumbo 747 airplane jet engine in it. It's real super loud and I certainly can't hear any deer heading my way.

So, I'm headed home. I'll be hunting a new area later on for the first time of this season, do to the northerly wind today. It's what I needed in order to get anywhere near that thick and heavy bedding area. The old API climber & I will be putting some afternoon/evening time in together once again.

Later!

Morning view today.

Reactions: Big_Holla