Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ended up seeing 6 total this AM. Wind sucks for every stand right now, so I just went to the creek bottom since it's a roll of the dice down here anyways.

Good luck to everyone that's out this evening!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Big doe just walked in on my left, then is somewhere behind me. I'm up against a cut oak.
Big buck in front of you! I see it!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is funny Chad! You got some good optics there!

Hope there is a TOOzer or two checking out bloody arrows right now and deciding when to track. Did some road scouting and saw some decent movement.

Jason Short

Wayne County
Had the button buck and doe fawn I always see at this spot come by. Caught a quick glimpse of another one but couldn't tell what it was. Then later I saw a buck chasing a doe about 150 yards away in the crp. Didn't look very big, might have shot him given the chance. Trigger finger is getting itchy

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You go out tonight????
I never saw a deer after 11AM this morning. Where I sat tonight, I could visually see a 300 yard long creek bottom that's half CRP, half clover. I could see the shelves and ridges lines on either side of the creek bottom. No wind, so I was hearing chipmunks 100 yards off. I stood from 3 to dark. I never saw or heard a deer.

I am a living black hole for rut activity. And that farm is cursed.

rooster85

Lake County
One BIG doe tonight just before dark, something made her hang up just before I drew on her. She didn't blow out but definitely didn't like something and left. We'll try again tomorrow. Hope someone stuck something tonight!