Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hurricane Ida.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
3DFD4CDF-1494-417C-AB78-3BEFC08B7F3F.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
With the exception of picking up sticks and running the mower over the leaves this ones in the books for me. Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. Time to start looking for ways to help others in the community.

@triple_duece let me know what you need buddy. Hopefully they get your power back on soon man. I can bring the saw over this weekend and help clear if you lost some trees, or earlier if you need anything.

20210830_181239.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No trees down, just a mess on the grass. Yard looks like a 1 yr old cutover. Just bought a window unit.

That's how mine looked after Zita last year, couldn't see the grass for the oak leaves and limbs covering everything. I picked up the limbs that wouldn't blow and blew the leaves into piles. I'll hit them with the mower in a few days once the 7 inches of rain dries up.

My small window unit that I kept for a hurricane Is in use while I argue with the home warranty company on repairing one of our central air units or i'd bring it over.

16303677164762235958016043099862.jpg

Big Weff

Athens
That's how mine looked after Zita last year, couldn't see the grass for the oak leaves and limbs covering everything. I picked up the limbs that wouldn't blow and blew the leaves into piles. I'll hit them with the mower in a few days once the 7 inches of rain dries up.

My small window unit that I kept for a hurricane Is in use while I argue with the home warranty company on repairing one of our central air units or i'd bring it over.

View attachment 134363
A/C by the shitter aye. I’m glad to know about it but ashamed I never thought of it. Well done Joe. Glad our southern folk made it out the other side in tact!🤘🏻

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A/C by the shitter aye. I’m glad to know about it but ashamed I never thought of it. Well done Joe. Glad our southern folk made it out the other side in tact!🤘🏻
😅. It's a jack and jill bathroom between the boys room and the guest room. I put it in there so its not freezing them out at night in their room. Its also my favorite room to go take a shit in now. 🤣🤣.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Still a shit show around here. Few people getting power and some gas stations. Police have to be at the gas stations as you can imagine. This morning lines at 6am what seemed to be a mile long. Some stations only have two pumps going. I don’t have power yet but we managing

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Still a shit show around here. Few people getting power and some gas stations. Police have to be at the gas stations as you can imagine. This morning lines at 6am what seemed to be a mile long. Some stations only have two pumps going. I don’t have power yet but we managing
Nicky, what kind of shape is your station in?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
All th
Nicky, what kind of shape is your station in?
All the stations made it fine. After Katrina we built some new ones and fixed most of them to hold up to 150 mph. All have big generators and commercial kitchens and built out to house a large group. We are rebuilding our main central building now and will be finished next July. 4.1 million dollar project.