Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoters Hunting Log

Thanks for the encouragement fellas.

Hunted Saturday with my normal results. Made a major change on Saturday after I finished my evening sit. Knowing this cold weather and snow was coming I readied myself for the remainder of the season. I moved my feeder to my creek bottom. I did this because it is the shortest walk for me to get in to a stand. Moving a half full feeder 250 yards in the dark was challenging to say the least. But, with a little hillbilly ingenuity I got r done. I figure this move is my best chance to at least have a chance to score before the end of the season. Only time will tell.

My only concern is bucks losing their antlers. I hate shooting an antlerless deer after Jan. 1 due to the fact that it could be a shed buck. I also don't like to take pregnant does. So most likely I will target only antlered deer the rest of the season. If my stepson comes up from WV this weekend to hunt with his ML I may try to take a doe if one happens by. His family loves venison and when he is up I try to put one down for them.