Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hard to find bourbons...

Reagan

Milford, OH
Since I’m more of a lurker I would generally not post something like this. But for those of us who like bourbon, you may want to have a look.

Milford High School marching band bourbon raffle. They don’t want to ship but I would deliver/meet a winner. Driving up 75 as far a Lima, over towards Marion, Mt Vernon down to Athens/Meigs, Gallipolis could be done by me on a weekday.

if you do enter and would need delivery, I would need to know your name before the drawing.

1675890320533.png

Just popped up on my FB feed.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Got a wish list from Ric and currently looking here in Jersey... Couple on the list I was told " FORGET ABOUT IT"... Impossible to get... He also said Blanton's was next to impossible to get and was $149.00 a bottle... Another store told me he could probably get me a bottle of Blanton's for $109.00... Big difference in price for stores that are approx. 3 miles apart... Go figure...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Got a wish list from Ric and currently looking here in Jersey... Couple on the list I was told " FORGET ABOUT IT"... Impossible to get... He also said Blanton's was next to impossible to get and was $149.00 a bottle... Another store told me he could probably get me a bottle of Blanton's for $109.00... Big difference in price for stores that are approx. 3 miles apart... Go figure...
I wish I would’ve gotten a few bottles when Blantons was at $75 a bottle…last I checked a few months ago it was $150. 2-3 years ago it was $35.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I wish I would’ve gotten a few bottles when Blantons was at $75 a bottle…last I checked a few months ago it was $150. 2-3 years ago it was $35.
Advantage to ohio controlling the price is that it's $65 when you find it. Downside is that not all the liquor stores get it and the secondary market on it is $90-130 for the standard and up from there for the other types.

It's good but it's like many of the Buffalo trace offerings....over hyped into unobtanium.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Advantage to ohio controlling the price is that it's $65 when you find it. Downside is that not all the liquor stores get it and the secondary market on it is $90-130 for the standard and up from there for the other types.

It's good but it's like many of the Buffalo trace offerings....over hyped into unobtanium.
I heard Weller Antique can fetch up in the $135-$150 range in Indiana. That’s a $54 bottle! Crazy😳

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I heard Weller Antique can fetch up in the $135-$150 range in Indiana. That’s a $54 bottle! Crazy😳
The Weller Full proof that OHLQ sold for one weekend across the state is a $2-250 bottle secondary here in Ohio. It's no wonder people stand in line to flip them. I just don't have that sort of time. I will admit there are a few bottles I'll buy on secondary (bookers) but those are like $5-15 above retail.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Fletch

Supporting Member
It ain’t me! I just have 3 and that’s how many George has too. Lol
No wonder the prices have soared in Jersey, damn George is also hoarding it... Liquor store by me has their own brand that is brewed somewhere out in the mid-west for them... I think it had 3 distinct flavors brewed in it... Two guys were raving about how good it was... Owned gave me a glass to sample... I didn't see anything special about it, but then I'm fine with Evan Williams... I think the bottle was around $50.....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
  • Haha
Reactions: finelyshedded

Fletch

Supporting Member
Pick up a couple of bottles for Ric and myself….we’ll pay ya when we see ya. Of course we have to do a taste test.😂
No problem... Had enough loose change in truck console... Hey Ric I hit 2 more stores... Man it's impossible so far.... Might get you a date with Jennifer Lopez easier....