Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hard to find bourbons...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Does he like ryes? Rare Breed Barrel Proof and Rye are both good pours, IMO.
Can’t go wrong with Jesses choice, WR DO. I hear some Benchmarks are finally hitting some Ohio shelves. If you can find the Bonded, single barrel or barrel proof those are very good as well and easy on the wallet.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The BH Toast is solid. Cool bottle too. The Watershed might be my favorite right now. Ask her if likes mixers and if so, if he likes ginger ale. If he does, get the Watershed if you can find it. The Knob Creek is awesome. Something different and very delicious. Great breakfast/brunch/dessert pour.

16706128010013791644974398479617.jpg

Does he like ryes? Rare Breed Barrel Proof and Rye are both good pours, IMO.
Can’t go wrong with Jesses choice, WR DO. I hear some Benchmarks are finally hitting some Ohio shelves. If you can find the Bonded, single barrel or barrel proof those are very good as well and easy on the wallet.

The BH Toast is solid. Cool bottle too. The Watershed might be my favorite right now. Ask her if likes mixers and if so, if he likes ginger ale. If he does, get the Watershed if you can find it. The Knob Creek is awesome. Something different and very delicious. Great breakfast/brunch/dessert pour.

View attachment 168166

Hmm, not sure on the rye but I do know he likes to sip and not mix, something I should have thought to mention. That Watershed, Rare Breed and Benchmark sound like good additional options! Will start my search for them this weekend and see what I can come up with. I think he's right in there with a lot of you guys and having a taste for a variety of good bourbons. Heck I'm still obsessing on the Knob Creek Maple Smoked :ROFLMAO:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hmm, not sure on the rye but I do know he likes to sip and not mix, something I should have thought to mention. That Watershed, Rare Breed and Benchmark sound like good additional options! Will start my search for them this weekend and see what I can come up with. I think he's right in there with a lot of you guys and having a taste for a variety of good bourbons. Heck I'm still obsessing on the Knob Creek Maple Smoked :ROFLMAO:
It’s a rabbit hole, that’s for sure….

Isaacorps

Columbus
Will you be coming to Ohio anytime soon? I’ve got a stash of Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare I’d be willing to part with. Also, if you can find Highbank Whiskey War or anything Middle West up there, pull the trigger. Especially Middle West wheated, if he likes wheat. As previously stated, Rare Breed is a no brainer. Also, anything Russell’s Reserve.

Big Weff

Athens

View attachment 168166
Just got my hands on the Basil Hayden toasted, really enjoyed that as well as the regular BH.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I would also add Joseph magnus to the list. I need a bottle of that myself... thats my bourbon of choice at Christmas and I'm currently out of it...

Isaacorps... I wouldn't mind a bottle of eagle rare lol

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla
I’m a fan of the willet pot still reserve, comes in a neat looking bottle
Nice! I’ll add it to my list to look out for.

We went over to Jenna’s BF’s house yesterday to help him bust through their concrete slab to get to some drain pipes that are rotted. I have to say this guy busted his ass working on jackhammering through 18 inches of concrete and then dig down 3 feet to find the pipes. His dad and uncle were there as well and they worked just as hard exposing the pipes. Something like this could really expose a person’s temper or frustration but to see him stay levelheaded and continue to work hard showed a lot to me. Perhaps it was the military or perhaps it’s just his family’s work ethic or a combination of both that makes him a damn good man. Definitely feels good to have him in my daughters life. I said to my wife it feels like wedding bells.

1670773068820.png

As you can probably tell it means a lot to hear your recommendations on such a small gift for someone like him.

Last edited: