Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLORIDA HOG HUNT 2023

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Better be careful flirting with Alex, he likes midgets.
Midgets?! da hell? B.. im tyna get ma sheet straight with ma muh fuggin Jo Jo.

explaining-black-girl.gif

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
You need to be a little more appreciative in my efforts. Im doing this for you, for us.... Ever since you moved our relationship has been strained, like hanging on by a thread. Here I am trying to reconcile and rekindle ourselves. God damnit, you left me here in Ohio juking out these cry baby wanna be outdoorsman on my own. All so you can enjoy sun and water.

😅😅. That highway runs both ways I've been up for three turkey and deer seasons since I moved. It's like you never put forth the effort anymore. 😅
Get a room you two!

This is official an all out soap opera. 🤣🤣🤣
Damn right Skippy

Screenshot_20230115_202329_Chrome.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
@TripleA88 Gooutdoorsflorida.com to get your license and management stamp. I can walk you through it step by step if you wanna send me a pm or have any other questions. You technically don’t need a hunting license to shoot just pigs but if you decide you wanna kill other small game whilst in the refuge you’ll need to have it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
@TripleA88 Gooutdoorsflorida.com to get your license and management stamp. I can walk you through it step by step if you wanna send me a pm or have any other questions. You technically don’t need a hunting license to shoot just pigs but if you decide you wanna kill other small game whilst in the refuge you’ll need to have it.

Gotta have a license though. Quoted the below from last years thread.

Wild Hog Hunt (take ‘em all!)
January 29 – February 13, 2022: Legal to take hogs only (no size or bag limit. An annual Florida hunting license and a Refuge hunt permit are required to hunt hogs.

All hunters must purchase and possess a LSNWR Hunting Permit
and a State of Florida Hunting License, unless otherwise exempt. A current LSNWR Hunt Brochure must be signed and in possession by all adult hunters. Hunting permits can only be purchased through the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) licensing website (https://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry/lower-suwannee-hunts/), county tax office, or other outlets that sell State licenses (Permit Vendor Code is 7800)

All motorized land vehicles must be state-legal and are restricted to designated roads shown on the map. Vehicles must park so they do not block roads or gates. All-terrain vehicle use (ATV/UTV, etc.) is prohibited

Hunters may enter no earlier than 1 and 1/2 hours before legal sunrise and must be out of the woods no later than 1 and 1/2 hours after legal sunset.

Hunting or shooting from within 150-feet of Refuge roads, open to public vehicle travel, is prohibited

Field dressing or discarding an animal carcass or parts thereof within 1000 feet of any developed public recreation area, game check station, gate, or within 100 feet of a road or trail, open to the public, is prohibited. Dumping of game carcasses is prohibited

HOGS: NO SIZE OR BAG LIMIT FOR HOGS- shoot them all; take hogs during any season except Spring Turkey and Waterfowl. In designated Archery Only Areas (see map), only bows and crossbows allowed.

@Stressless - if you change the file type of your images to *.jpeg, people will be able to see them, otherwise they are unviewable on the forum. By changing the file image type, it shouldn't ruin the file or image quality, just the type.

Thought I'd pass that little bit of info out if you wish to go back and edit your posts so people can view the example attachments.

Reactions: Stressless

Stressless

Keene, OH
Thx Joe...

The link to the NWR brochure. https://www.fws.gov/sites/default/files/documents/refuge-hunt-brochure-lower-suwannee-nwr_0.pdf
Wild Hog Hunt (take ‘em all!)
January 28 – February 12, 2023: Legal to take hogs only (no size or bag limit. An annual Florida hunting license and a Refuge hunt permit are required to hunt hogs.

So same as last year for non-residents FL has a Ten-Day, Non-Resident: $46.50

Hunting License
https://myfwc.com/license/recreational/hunting/

nwr-3.jpg

One of the permits is FREE the other $15 both come with one mouse click - kinda your access pass to the Lower Swanee NWR. The other is the $15 - LSR NWR Phase I... don't ask me why they do it this way - they just do.

Hunting License and WMA Permits:
https://license.gooutdoorsflorida.com/Licensing/LicenseHome.aspx#
After you get the 10 day hunting license, go and click the far right box.
nwr-2.jpg

Then click the NWR- Lower Suwannee Phase I and checkout...
nwr-1.jpg

When you get done you should have two permits that appear like this ...
nwr.jpg

Good Luck - Chance has the pizz... damnit... 😉 has the license info and connections if this doesn't work or you have any other questions.

@Chancegriffis - got clarity on the works trips and a quick sync with CINCHouse I'm looking good for the end of next week.

Long range guesstimate on the WX for the first weekend.
1674337879798.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackalope

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Weather is looking great for us Thayer going! Cold front on opening day will help motivate some animals to get moving. It’s very dry down there right now so I think hunting water is gonna be key. My dad said they’re all over the salt flats eating crabs right now! He counted 22 of them off one feeder creek this morning on his 1.5 mile paddle. Two days and a wake up fellas! I’m pumped!

Attachments

• D7C86105-8BCD-4246-9337-8488CC313721.png
    D7C86105-8BCD-4246-9337-8488CC313721.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 54