Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelysheddeds 2012-2013 Bowhunting Log

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ric I really admire the discipline you have in respect to your deer hunting, waiting for deer, keeping your logs

This is good stuff:

Hours hunted: 14
Does seen: 10
Bucks seen: 0
fawns or yearlings: 2
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0
Idiots seen: 3
Shot ops 5
coon seen 4

Thanks Dan!

Greg, your busting my sides!lmao

Seriously though, Ron and I both wish we had documented all of our hunts over the years. They would have been awesome to read over and study had we done so! I totally enjoy and are very thankful for this forum Joe and Jesse have given us to use and share. It's kinda like a graffiti wall that you add to each and every day you hunt thru a whole season with little tidbits of info and pertinent data that might help you or someone else in the future. It's also great to let others tag along with the hunter, kinda like in the same treestand per se. I know I enjoy reading and hanging out with y'all when I'm stuck at work or somewheres else other than my tree! Rotflmao

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I think you need TOO find some scrub brush and a few high walls to ascend and crawl a thousand yards. You might actually kill a smart one , Bro. Lol... Good luck buddy, I am getting some good vibes " Bonehead " is in trouble.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks bro, but I'm not sure he's still alive or around. A part of me thinks he relocated across a st rt road where there is little to no hunting. Where I'm at, there are at least 10 other hunters counting the 3 neighboring props around me. As far as hearing someone killing him since last year, I haven't, but that doesn't mean he's not dead either. We'll see.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
All settled in with a light and steady N to NWerly breeze. Didn't spook a thing on my downwind approach. Hope a biggin is in the area and on his feet tonight. Goodluck to everyone!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! A flock of a thousand black bird flew in right out in front of me and were on the ground foraging for fallen nuts. I tried to get a picture of them and they flushed right to me and right under my stand. My iPhone is a bit slow and I missed it. Would have been a cool pic.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got skunked tonight but thats alright. Enjoyed being out in the fresh air and watching wildlife. Got down at 7:20 and slipped out without incident. I'll try to get back out in the next few days.

Hours hunted: 16.75
Does seen: 10
Bucks seen: 0
fawns or yearlings: 2
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0
Idiots seen: 3
Shot ops 5
coon seen 4

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
FINALLY!!! lol

Well after putting a camera a few weeks ago over a scrape location along a creek that has always gotten hit by all the bucks in the area passing through I finally got a buck I am pretty familar with and have some history with. Here he is in early June:(nitice the stickers on his bases)

Here is a video of him over this scrape. He marks it and urinates in it but doesn't unearth it though.

Here are a few still shots of him aff the video

I'm about 90% sure it's the same buck in the video with the deer I killed last year here(he is on the left) double split g2's

Here is a still of the same two bucks

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here he is after he shed last year(I had him within 25 yards 3 weeks after these pics were taken in the same spot last season)

Here is a shed I found within his wheelhouse this past spring that is NOT his but of his brother or some other kin.lol

I decided to name this buck the "Gnome Buck". Thanks to an ornry TOOzer! The picture says it all. The gnome sits right between his rack. IMO

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Been sitting here in my stand since 3:45. It is windier than a sack full of assholes with gust over 20-25 Mph. I'm in a 20" whiteoak over looking the creek bottom the Gnome Buck was on when hitting the scrape. I'm about 120 yards away from it with perfect wind but just wish it would calm down. I approached this stand by walking 300 plus yards in the creek then climbing tree roots up a steep bank within 15 yards from the tree. Slipped in perfectly with not even a squirrel bark. Now I just need to have a shooter walk by......don't we all! Lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice! Nothing builds confidence like knowing you've snuck in with NOTHING knowing you're there! Good luck, Ric!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Unless these winds die the Fugg down I'm not so sure I could even stand and draw my bow without losing my balance. WTH! Had I known it was gonna be like this I'da stayed home and cut firewood and got some other things done. Lol

It's friggin crazy down here in the SW! Fuggin wing ain't steady either blowing 3 different directions occasionally!!!

I'm done ranting .......lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hopefully it will lay down a bit just before dark and they will come out of the woodwork. If not, well you can still kill 'em in the wind. I shot two of my better deer on days I shouldn't have been in a tree. Warm as heck too, so you at least have the temps on your side! Hang with it, Ric!