Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelysheddeds 2012-2013 Bowhunting Log

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I had the same thing the other night. Nanny doe was out that has busted me in the past. She needs to go,but could not talk my self into it in hopes of my buck coming. Good luck in the morning.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rope with a backup always in the backpack.... and I don't have a climber anymore lol.... all our stands are ladders.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here are some views from tonights sit

This is the view to the south. In the brighter area to the upper left is the cornfield edge where I caught the 3 does approaching my stand. If they go to the right they would go thru the nice shooting hole to the SW seen to the lower mid right in the pic.

They actually quartered into me to the left cutting thru this nice shooting lane to the east. I can shoot out to 28 yards here. They crossed slowly out at 20 yards where you see those fallen logs.

This view is to the west where there is another cornfield corner entering this funnel in this finger. I've seen many bucks pop in and out of here from across the field from my other stand.

This is directly into the SW looking at the nice shooting window you saw in the first pic.

This is my entry and exit direction. It's to the north where I slip along a creek and creek bottom for about 150 yards. I then slip up a little drainage where my tree is on the east side on top of the bank.

Here is the view straight down to this little drainage.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like a nice spot. Gotta feeling your gonna lay a good one low!

Thanks Charles, I sure hope your right! I hung this set and trimmed it out in that 90 degree heat back in July. It would have been so awesome had that been a shooter instead of 3 nice slickheads. I just like to keep as many does around to help bring in the bucks later. If that big doe gives me another chip shot and I have time to take care of her afterwards I might change my mind and shoot her. Dang she was big! Lol
This set is perfect for that SSW wind! I might go back in the morning if winds stay the coarse. We'll see!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Settled in this same stand since 7. Brought a bow rope! Lol

Never made a peep and jumped nothing! Life is good!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like an awesome stand. Is this where you took your big one last year? Good luck this morning.

No Aaron, but he came right thru here minutes before I shot him.

I just had two does slipping up on my downwind side to the north at 8:18. High pressure is a good thing. Lol never knew I was here. They were within 22 yards and crossed my path. Sniffed around but never spooked.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A small frontal system just came in from the west and brought occasional light rain. No activity since those two does came thru. Gonna hang out till 10:30-11:00 then slip out of here and pull another card that's about 120 yards from here.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is a pic taken this morning of one of the two young does just 10 minutes after they walked by me. My treestand set is directly behind her about 120 yards away.

Saw 4 coon and 5-6 squirrels and two does this morning. Had a nice sit. Climbed out at 10:00 am to pull a card so I got 3 hours of hunting in this morning.

Hours hunted: 14
Does seen: 10
Bucks seen: 0
fawns or yearlings: 2
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0
Idiots seen: 3
Shot ops 5
coon seen 4

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My card pull had 14 videos. There is 4 different small bucks with 2 having nice potential,4 -5 nice sized does and one fawn. Most of the activity is between 8am to 10:15 am and 5pm to 6:30pm. Only one night time video out of the bunch. Now I just need a shooter to start roaming around.lol
Oh, I have a stand less than 40 yards from this camera TOO!:pickle:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Ric I really admire the discipline you have in respect to your deer hunting, waiting for deer, keeping your logs

This is good stuff:

Hours hunted: 14
Does seen: 10
Bucks seen: 0
fawns or yearlings: 2
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0
Idiots seen: 3
Shot ops 5
coon seen 4