Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And the Delta either.

Still wont stop the Democrats from fear mongering and ignoring science to promote their federalist agenda.

Biden now plans to send 500 million at home tests to Americans and ask that they test themselves twice a week. That is not a solution. Let's say that shithead plan actually works and every case is identified and self quarantined until covid transmission is 100% eliminated in the US. Success! V day! One illegal crosses the border and boom, community transmission. That plan is complete shit unless he plans to 100% isolate the country. Will it likely slow the spread, maybe, marginally, and likely not meaningfully. Even if it does that does nothing but delay the inevitable. The one thing it really accomplishes is increases the tax debt burden on our children and make these multibillion dollar big pharma companies richer. It's a showy mouthpiece plan to pander to his sheep that he's doing something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curran and Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Still wont stop the Democrats from fear mongering and ignoring science to promote their federalist agenda.

Biden now plans to send 500 million at home tests to Americans and ask that they test themselves twice a week. That is not a solution. Let's say that shithead plan actually works and every case is identified and self quarantined until covid transmission is 100% eliminated in the US. Success! V day! One illegal crosses the border and boom, community transmission. That plan is complete shit unless he plans to 100% isolate the country. Will it likely slow the spread, maybe, marginally, and likely not meaningfully. Even if it does that does nothing but delay the inevitable. The one thing it really accomplishes is increases the tax debt burden on our children and make these multibillion dollar big pharma companies richer. It's a showy mouthpiece plan to pander to his sheep that he's doing something.
You hit the nail on the head with that statement! I actually read it out loud to my wife and she said “Exactly”!

Reactions: Big_Holla

Buckmaster

Portage
...i’m a 21 year old school seasoned 5th grade Math teacher with dual Masters degree with Administrative license husband as well. Just like some of you guys. So far...my 16 year old daughter got Covid last year and spent 10 days in her room. We’re all vaxed..although I’m surprised my wife and kids haven’t brought it home as much as “take out”.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For anyone wanting straight up info, check out the video BigHolla posted of Dr Z. He is honest about his bias. He is against mandates. He is against big tech and social media. He is also highly educated and well spoken. He does a great job of calling out BOTH sides on this subject. The video Chuck posted didn't sway me to go get vaccinated, but I was open minded enough to hear him out. I was enlightened about some of the mis-truths I have read. If you want someone who calls out both sides and gives you something to think about: he is the only one I've seen do this.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
In a few weeks, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research are expected to announce a vaccine that is effective against all SARS and COVID-19 variants, including Omicron.

The vaccine has been in the works for almost two years, Defense One reported, after the army received its first DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus in early 2020. The military at an early stage attempted to make a vaccine that would be effective against different variants, the news outlet reported.
Newsweek

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In a few weeks, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research are expected to announce a vaccine that is effective against all SARS and COVID-19 variants, including Omicron.

The vaccine has been in the works for almost two years, Defense One reported, after the army received its first DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus in early 2020. The military at an early stage attempted to make a vaccine that would be effective against different variants, the news outlet reported.
Newsweek
Here’s hoping that it works better than the first shots that have been put out there.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Newsweek

This is a MUCH better method to present something the human immune system than hijacking the bodies cellular function to create malformed proteins.

"Unlike existing vaccines, Walter Reed’s SpFN uses a soccer ball-shaped protein with 24 faces for its vaccine, which allows scientists to attach the spikes of multiple coronavirus strains on different faces of the protein."

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I typically don't chime in on these threads but I am going to as I am hoping this story can help someone else.

Due to all this COVID stuff, hospital ERs are absolutely overrun. About two weeks ago, Dad had some internal bleeding. It stopped (or so we thought) but Mom made him go to the ER. He was in the ER for 4 hours and a nurse (a friend of mine from grade school) came over and told Dad he would be here another 9+ hours before he was seen. As with most men, he got extremely frustrated and stubborn and went home. Only to have the bleed become far worse 2 days later. Dad is home now and recovering (Thank God!) but spent 5 days in the ICU and received 25 pints of blood. He is extremely weak but becoming stronger every day.

There is a lot of other stuff that can go wrong besides the COVID-dominated news cycle. If you are a loved one is sick or has an issue - please don't get frustrated and leave the DR. A lot of these idiots are running to the ER cause they have a fever or cough and jamming up the system, where people with internal bleeding are being left hanging like a hog being bled out.

I share this story as I feel it is important to share, in hopes it might just help someone else on this website or in some way connected to someone on TOO. The hospital systems are tough to deal with right now but if you are truly sick/ill- do not put it off!!

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wonder if the problems with hospitals being "overrun" and King Dewine deploying National Guard has anything to do with being those facilities understaffed because of staff getting fired or quitting over a Covid shot? :unsure:

Nobody wants to talk about the utter failure of our healthcare system. They've had a year and a half to prepare for these surges, at this point it's medical negligence in my opinion. Remember the whole two weeks to flatten the curve so hospitals can get prepared thing. Yeah, well it's been 90+ weeks at this point.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I typically don't chime in on these threads but I am going to as I am hoping this story can help someone else.

Due to all this COVID stuff hospital, ERs are absolutely overrun. About two weeks ago, Dad had some internal bleeding. It stopped (or so we thought) but Mom made him go to the ER. He was in the ER for 4 hours and a nurse (a friend of mine from grade school) came over and told Dad he would be here another 9+ hours before he was seen. As with most men, he got extremely frustrated and stubborn and went home. Only to have the bleed become far worse 2 days later. Dad is home now and recovering (Thank God!) but spent 5 days in the ICU and received 25 pints of blood. He is extremely weak but becoming stronger every day.

There is a lot of other stuff that can go wrong besides the COVID-dominated news cycle. If you are a loved one is sick or has an issue - please don't get frustrated and leave the DR. A lot of these idiots are running to the ER cause they have a fever or cough and jamming up the system, where people with internal bleeding are being left hanging like a hog being bled out.

I share this story as I feel it is important to share, in hopes it might just help someone else on this website or in some way connected to someone on TOO. The hospital systems are tough to deal with right now but if you are truly sick, outside of COVID - do not put it off!!
Albert, glad your dad is on the mend. Sucks too read these stories. Reading your post brings too mind the issues with triage or lack of being able too triage. We had the same issues years ago with the regular flu. Everyone with a runny nose was in there wanting seen because they couldn’t get into their doctors office in a timely manner. So they were using the ER as their doctors office.
My wife was a nurse and unless she couldn’t stop the bleeding, or a limb was dangling there weren’t any trips too the ER….

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Due to all this COVID stuff hospital, ERs are absolutely overrun. About two weeks ago, Dad had some internal bleeding. It stopped (or so we thought) but Mom made him go to the ER. He was in the ER for 4 hours and a nurse (a friend of mine from grade school) came over and told Dad he would be here another 9+ hours before he was seen. As with most men, he got extremely frustrated and stubborn and went home. Only to have the bleed become far worse 2 days later. Dad is home now and recovering (Thank God!) but spent 5 days in the ICU and received 25 pints of blood. He is extremely weak but becoming stronger every day.

I share this story as I feel it is important to share, in hopes it might just help someone else on this website or in some way connected to someone on TOO. The hospital systems are tough to deal with right now but if you are truly sick, outside of COVID - do not put it off!!

Man I hate to hear that. I'm glad it worked out and he's home recovering. Thanks for sharing it as it's a great lesson for everyone. Even before covid I have always been a huge fan of being your own biggest medical advocate. Push, demand and never take one person's word for something. If it's a true emergency like that and they just aren't getting it, tightness in chest, pain in the arm and shortness of breath usually goes to the front of the line at the ER.

Reactions: at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Man I hate to hear that. I'm glad it worked out and he's home recovering. Thanks for sharing it as it's a great lesson for everyone. Even before covid I have always been a huge fan of being your own biggest medical advocate. Push, demand and never take one person's word for something. If it's a true emergency like that and they just aren't getting it, tightness in chest, pain in the arm and shortness of breath usually goes to the front of the line at the ER.

I told him he should have just called an ambulance and told them to pick him up outside the ER. LOL, that would have got a reaction!

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Albert, glad your dad is on the mend. Sucks too read these stories. Reading your post brings too mind the issues with triage or lack of being able too triage. We had the same issues years ago with the regular flu. Everyone with a runny nose was in there wanting seen because they couldn’t get into their doctors office in a timely manner. So they were using the ER as their doctors office.
My wife was a nurse and unless she couldn’t stop the bleeding, or a limb was dangling there weren’t any trips too the ER….

I think the rise in urgent cares has helped tremendously in this. Obamacare really hurt the family dr practice and many of the old timers retired. I remember calling mine for a sick visit and their first available was 3 weeks out, now I just go to urgent care and I'm in and out. The last two times with the boys I just did teladoc online through our insurance providers recommended service. Never left the house and was done in 15 minutes and only had to wait 10. Prescriptions sent in and we were done.