Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clinton county giant?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just finished watching the HuntR epi158 podcast and knowing what I know now and hearing these two young guys tell their story it really makes my SMH. He even says several times heā€™s made some dumb mistakes in his youth and Iā€™m thinking all along, ā€œyou ainā€™t shittin kitten!!!!ā€ Lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Amazing how different a conversation sounds from different points of views. This is exactly what these guys are talking about when they are saying "don't answer any questions". Your answers will be heard how the person hears it, not always what you were trying to say.
People hear someoneā€™s comments and their bias will shape their opinions. Some folks hear something and take it at face value. Others hear it and think whatā€™s being hidden and dig deeper into the subtle nuances in everything down to the inflectionā€¦..

Wiley E Coyote

The only thing that has come out of this thread for myself is that it's given me time to think about what I would do if I was ever to find myself looking down on a world class whitetail. Which could happen to any of us hunting in Ohio. First I'm getting this bad boy back home without anyone seeing it if possible!. I'll take hero pics in the woods but no one gets to see them just yet. Skinned caped backed away in the freezer. I'm waiting at least 60 days for the drying period then springing this dude on the world. Have all my endorsements in a line by thenšŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£. The only thing I'm required to tell is county killed. Public or private. Time of kill and weapon used. Anyone shows up at my door I killed it in the woods. I may or may not tell them the properties I have permission to hunt depending on my mood and their attitude! If you have any more questions contact my man Jackalope! šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The only thing that has come out of this thread for myself is that it's given me time to think about what I would do if I was ever to find myself looking down on a world class whitetail. Which could happen to any of us hunting in Ohio. First I'm getting this bad boy back home without anyone seeing it if possible!. I'll take hero pics in the woods but no one gets to see them just yet. Skinned caped backed away in the freezer. I'm waiting at least 60 days for the drying period then springing this dude on the world. Have all my endorsements in a line by thenšŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£. The only thing I'm required to tell is county killed. Public or private. Time of kill and weapon used. Anyone shows up at my door I killed it in the woods. I may or may not tell them the properties I have permission to hunt depending on my mood and their attitude! If you have any more questions contact my man Jackalope! šŸ˜šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

That is EXACTLY what a smart man should do. šŸ˜… Except don't contact me because I'll tell them a tale and garhole the shit out of them. "He killed that stud just outside Athens up on peach ridge rd.

Dammit where is my green coonie smiley when I need it. šŸ˜…

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
If you have the hunting app. They will know exactly where you were at when you shot it. Check time checked in then county. That's the reason the kid said he forgot his phone at home.

Reactions: giles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you have the hunting app. They will know exactly where you were at when you shot it. Check time checked in then county. That's the reason the kid said he forgot his phone at home.

No app for this old man. I call in by phone for confirmation number. The old fashioned way šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I use it for the license purchase when Iā€™m home, then delete the app before I head up. Report on the phone.
All you have to do is go into your settings and turn off your location while using the app. ā€œProblemā€ solved. If you delete the app or just refuse to use it, Iā€™m sorry but you are missing out on some useful technology.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All you have to do is go into your settings and turn off your location while using the app. ā€œProblemā€ solved. If you delete the app or just refuse to use it, Iā€™m sorry but you are missing out on some useful technology.
I used it and didnā€™t delete when I lived up there. Phone and iPad are older, so I save the space for other items.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I'd have to read the terms of service fine print for that specific app but turning off location seevices doesn't always work. Some apps when you turn off location services they just get the information from another app source like Google maps etc. None of that really matters though. The DOW can subpoena phone location information pretty damn easy.

Last edited: