Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw three coyotes this morning. 8 antlerless and one buck. He was the first buck I've seen looking for a doe since Monday. Every buck I've seen this week has already had a girlfriend. I think they will bust lose again on my properties in the next day or two.
I shot one of the coyotes. 53 yards. It was a girl yote, so I'm happy about that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 119

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks folks. Over slept this morning. Got to the farm late. Stopped the truck about half way back the lane to drop a deuce. Mason watched a little buck walk out of a wood lot in front of the truck as I hunkered behind it. Ha.

That was the only deer we saw. We moved a stand, I cannot wait to climb in it! It's a long hike but should be well worth it!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm sitting here laughing. Vivid story you typed up there. Must have been a douzie of a deuce to scare off all the deer today.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff Brock!

I agree, most are experiencing LOCKDOWN suppressed movement the past week and the big boys should be coming off their GF's and looking for a new one soon.

Still waiting on being near that hot doe myself! Lol

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Ric, and to you all as well. Being in the right spot doesn't count if they don't move through it.

Mason hunted the fencerow in Fayette this morning. He saw nine and passed a 120 ish buck at 21 yards. He called it in with his own natural doe bleat for 100 yards or so. That's the third buck he's called in that way this season! I saw a small three point and another deer I couldn't identify. I'm in a great spot with the new stand set up but I cannot see very far, which I don't like at all. It's all good, when I see a good one there I'll probably get a shot.