Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baseball Journal

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Improved to 8-1, with a 12-9 win tonight. Closer than I would have liked, but we were down a starting infielder/lead off hitter due to vacation. Played 1 inning with only 3 in the outfield due to a bloody nose.

We have 2 solid pitchers but spot 3 is up for grabs and Myles Nickle has stepped up. He's been throwing well the last 3 games and while the speed isn't there, the strikes are. Hilarious to watch the opossing team try to adjust to the speed difference after 4 innings of sizzle pitches.

Back at it with 3 more games next Mon, Tues, Friday.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
We run ruled my Alma mater 16-2 in 5 innings. Greyson was raking tonight. A single up the middle and 2 smashed doubles over the outfielders. He's seeing the ball really well and attacking the pitches. I love to see it. We play again Tuesday against the team that beat us 3-2 in extra innings

Keep it up Greyson!

1656159109364.png

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
9-1, with a commanding 15-3 win last night.

Ty is keeping his game tight on both sides of the ball, Myles is loving catcher and gun'd one down at 3rd last night but has started trying different bats and has fallen in the batting order. We discussed, and he understands he needs to return to the normal.

2 out of 3 of our youngest kids got hits tonight, including DW with a double! Had plenty of breathing room coming into the 5th inning, got 2 new pitchers some game time experience, 1 being DW. He closed out the game with help from his buddies in the field. Ty finished it off with an unassisted double play at 1st.....DW was on cloud 9 last night and it was awesome to experience!

This team has exceeded every expectation I had as their coach. We are at it again tonight and should continue to stack W's!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Great game all around Adam! I made Greyson go to the lightest bat we had just to compensate a little for any indecision he was having. He had a baseball camp at Bluffton College yesterday and today. I got there in time to see him win the infield competition. He was absolutely exhausted. With his semifinal game tonight we decided not to send him today, and he didn't argue. Didn't need him exhausted tonight

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Run ruled their asses 16-0! Lost to them 4-3 in extra innings earlier this year. They were the top team in the league this year. Greyson had a sharp rbi single and an rbi ground out. Our pitcher had a 4 inning perfect game. On to the championship game thursday
Good luck Grey!!!! Good job, Ryan!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Champs! Won the championship game 15-3. Kids all played great after the first inning. Greyson went 2-3 with an rbi single and he smashed a line drive in the gap and attempted to get a HR out of it. Defense made a great relay and a bang bang play at the plate. Catcher dropped the ball on the tag but they still called him out. So he got a 2 RBI triple out of it

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Bad juju night all around! First was trying to dodge the storms, but 3 batters/10mins in got called for lightning.

Not until the 2nd hitter took Ty out with a line drive to the inside of his right ankle while pitching...dropped like a sack of bricks.

Will determine tomorrow AM if xrays/broken investigation is needed.
20220701_192024.jpg

Last edited:

JARHEAD

Behind you
Hopefully he's alright. Pitching is probably the most dangerous position in baseball for just that reason. A solid line drive is on you before you can react.

Reactions: 5Cent